• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

morning after pill and ovulation

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
ok so no idea where this should be posted (no rude comments like maybe another forum please). we are in the wtt part, not sure when will start trying for number 3 as little ones are 2 and 1 next month.

anyway, me and hubby did the deed Thursday night going on my usual cycles I was due to ovulate that day or Friday, we used a condom which spilt. I managed to get the morning after pill Friday lunchtime, 16 hours after the condom splitting, reason for taken the morning after pill is because we already have 2 very young little ones.
just wondering how effective is the morning after pill around ovulation?

I think there was a study done recently that showed the morning after pill isn't as effective around ovulation/fertile days. If you had already ovulated then it most likely won't prevent a pregnancy going forward/implanting. But an average woman is only supposed to have a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle WHEN trying, so hopefully it works out for you. :flower:

that's what i'm worried about, I've seen more people say they've ended up pregnant then not

forgot to add the look of concern on the lady's face when I told I was around ovulation. I think that's what making me concerned more. these are going to be 2 hard weeks :haha

Well I think my period has arrived, haven't really had any cramping like I usually do, it's arrived 10 days early, I know she told me that it could arrive a few days early but never thought it would be 10 days early, would have been 6dpo today

I had a similar thing happen to me Jan 2nd, we did the deed and I was due to ovulate Jan 3rd and took the morning after pill that day Jan 3rd... From what I know, it works by delaying ovulation only, so if you've already ovulated it pretty much does nothing. There is no actual data to back up the claim that it prevents implantation... so if it so happened that we take the pill AFTER ovulation has occurred, we have a 20-30% chance of pregnancy just like if we took nothing.

I was due to get my period last Friday and still hadn't... Knew from reading online that normally women get it a week or so EARLY when taking the morning after pill... so let's just say I was worried. I took a test on Tuesday (18 DPO) and it was negative, and got my period the next day. It's been a completely unusual period so far. Started with super dark brown blood, then red but lots of clots and stringy, and not as much cramping as normal.

It sounds like your symptoms following the morning after pill are the normal symptoms of it working to delay ovulation. Although try to figure out the difference between possible implantation bleeding and having your period, because implantation bleeding could be around this time if you are getting pregnant.

I had a similar thing happen to me Jan 2nd, we did the deed and I was due to ovulate Jan 3rd and took the morning after pill that day Jan 3rd... From what I know, it works by delaying ovulation only, so if you've already ovulated it pretty much does nothing. There is no actual data to back up the claim that it prevents implantation... so if it so happened that we take the pill AFTER ovulation has occurred, we have a 20-30% chance of pregnancy just like if we took nothing.

I was due to get my period last Friday and still hadn't... Knew from reading online that normally women get it a week or so EARLY when taking the morning after pill... so let's just say I was worried. I took a test on Tuesday (18 DPO) and it was negative, and got my period the next day. It's been a completely unusual period so far. Started with super dark brown blood, then red but lots of clots and stringy, and not as much cramping as normal.

It sounds like your symptoms following the morning after pill are the normal symptoms of it working to delay ovulation. Although try to figure out the difference between possible implantation bleeding and having your period, because implantation bleeding could be around this time if you are getting pregnant.

Just posted on your thread lol, I didn't know that it could make a week early, think it's safe to say it's definitely AF. It's now just like it would usually be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"