morning school routine

MummyMummy

Reaction score
what's yours?

3year old started nursery 9am - 12.30pm on wed. he'sa big boy now :o

anybody got any tips on quick/easy mornings? he's really good about school, seems tolike it and gets up ok in morn.

xXx

Sophie-Louise is 6 so she's in school from 8.50am-2.00pm

Dylan has only just turned 3, so he doesn't go to nursery til stepember.xx
My morning routine is not to bad cause Sophie's daddy takes her to school so it's no big rush for me. :hug:

My best advice is letting them to learn from your own habits. If you are person that always get in time, let them learn it from you. if not, you need to seat down and think about it. The morning routine is something where we can see the habits of a family.

My 2 both start at 8.50am and i'm not a morning person, so i'm organised the night before, we have a bath/shower on a night cause i'd rather stay in bed a extra 20 mins than bath the kids on a morning, i also have the kids and my clothes laid out the night before, the kids clothes are laid on one of the sofa's, i also have the bowls, spoons and cereal out on the work top so while the kids are having a wash i can pour cereal into bowls, make myself a cuppa and have it on table waiting for them, while i get dressed they eat their cereal and then brush their teeth, they get dressed at last minute cause my 2 roll around floor the minute my back is turned and are likely to get creased lol, we are very rarely late to school (only when alarm fails to go off on odd occasion) and i think this is down to been organised the night before and the kids knowing their routine, i hope you settle into one soon i know it was a shock to me when my eldest started school after going to nursery on a afternoon i was used relaxed mornings lol x

I iron Kians uniform for the week, make his packed lunch the night before and get up early!!! I let him watch cartoons after breakfast and i make sure i give him lots of warnings telling him loads of times we are going after this cartoon etc just so he knows.

My son comes to school with me, he's just in a different class than what I teach (I work for our church pre school 6weeks-5years prek). I dont start until 8:30, so we get up together around 6:45, he usually wants a glass of milk around 7:15 or so. he plays while i get ready and make his lunch, then i get him ready. our daily routine is pretty consistant. He's not a big breakfast eater, probably because of the milk, but he usually snacks on a cereal bar or cereal in the car on the way to school. plus his first snack is at 9:30am.

My son is 6 and goes to school from 8:40am untill 3pm.
My alarm goes off at 6:50am and I get up at 7:20! I like the snooze button!
I use the bathroom and wash my hands, wake Louis up and go down to make breakfast and lunch box.
Usually Lou comes down whilst i'm doing breaky and lunch but sometimes I have to stop what i'm doing and go up to order him out of bed! Lol.
We sit together at the table and eat. I finish before him and finish lunch and packing his water bottle ect (we have a kitchen/diner so I can keep an eye on him). By the time i'm done, he's finished and we go upstairs together to brush our teeth, wash and dress.
We then walk the 10 min walk to school :)

I always make sure he has clean and ironed uniform ready for the day and I'm with him all morning when we get ready because he is a monkey and is easily distracted by toys! Lol.

You'll establish your routine that will fit with the two of you and if you stick with it all should be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"