Morning Sickness - Am I supposed to feel it EVERY DAY?!

venusgirl

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first pregnancy (and hence the slightly stupid question :wacko:) I'm 6.4 weeks pregnant and yet to visit the OB. I've been having text-book symptoms like sore-breasts, fatigue and one-sided cramps and pelvic pressure (the scariest of the lot) and they've been consistent. But as for morning sickness, I can't really say. Every morning while brushing, I retch till tears stream down but that's pretty much it for the rest of the day. I actually puked (sorry tmi) thrice this week and only in the mornings. Isn't morning sickness supposed to be all day, everyday? Or have I just got it all wrong? It is slightly worrying because I've read somewhere that morning sickness is a sign of a normal and healthy pregnancy and it just worries me that it hasn't kicked in yet at 7 weeks. Also I remember my mum telling me that it was the first symptom she had for me.
Is it normal to have inconsistent nausea? Anyone else on the same boat? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

all i had was one-sided cramps every day but only twice a day from weeks 4 to week 6. those cramps transitioned to menstrual-like feelings/cramps which meant my uterus was growing, and this eased my mind that it wasnt an ectopic. also a u/s at 8wks+6days showed baby was growing very well and in the uterus. as for morning sickness, i have it every other day or up to 6 days per week. theres times when its so mild i dont even notice it. but either way, its all day but its worse at night for me and its especially worse if i dont eat. so i always try and eat when i start feeling sick unless its to the point i already feel like im going to throw up. ive only thrown up a few times and that was at 8 weeks +6 days, because i ate something that worsened my acid reflux.

It varies for every woman, but when I was 6 weeks I was just gagging in the morning. By 7 weeks I had progressed to throwing up a bit more, and now at 9 weeks I puke on command. I am sure your symptoms will vary throughout your pregnancy. You may wake up one day and say "wow, my sickness is gone!" and the next day you will have a make out session with the toilet. I have learned that pregnancy is a fickle beast. :)

At 6 weeks,I had guy horrible cramps But those have subsided. For the past couple of weeks now though, I have been throwing up everyday. I realllly want to take this medication I was given when I had stomach ulcers because it actually helps lop,But my gi doctor said he would like me to be on less meds as possible. I threw up before on these meds and all I tasted was good food because it prevented acid from accumulating ..sorry Tmi....But now when I throw up, this acid kills me and makes me go even more. I try to hold it down. Sometimes I succeed for hours and I smell something bad and bam. There it goes again.: ( .hopefully it gets better for u soon: )
Hello!

This is my first pregnancy (and hence the slightly stupid question :wacko:) I'm 6.4 weeks pregnant and yet to visit the OB. I've been having text-book symptoms like sore-breasts, fatigue and one-sided cramps and pelvic pressure (the scariest of the lot) and they've been consistent. But as for morning sickness, I can't really say. Every morning while brushing, I retch till tears stream down but that's pretty much it for the rest of the day. I actually puked (sorry tmi) thrice this week and only in the mornings. Isn't morning sickness supposed to be all day, everyday? Or have I just got it all wrong? It is slightly worrying because I've read somewhere that morning sickness is a sign of a normal and healthy pregnancy and it just worries me that it hasn't kicked in yet at 7 weeks. Also I remember my mum telling me that it was the first symptom she had for me.
Is it normal to have inconsistent nausea? Anyone else on the same boat? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

With DD morning sickness was only in the evening. So it can vary. This time it was more or less all day and I felt pretty crap until it passed.

Yes, it's normal for ms to vary. And it doesn't necessarily mean a healthy pregnancy. I had all day ms with my first pregnancy and it ended in miscarriage. My mom didn't have any ms at all with me, and here I am. GL

Very normal. Every woman is different and her symptoms will be different. For me, I get nausea every day for weeks. It might be worse in the morning or evening. It goes back and forth. Some women only have it in the mornings, some at night. Puking probably helps. But no need to worry, it is all very normal.

This is my second pregnancy and so far it's been a lot like my first. Mainly nausea every day but it is finally starting to ease!

Very normal. I had nausea from 5-12 weeks but only actually vomited a handful of times

Agreed. Every woman is different. For THIS pregnancy, evenings and mornings are the worst. I'm past the nausea stage... I'm now at the stage where I'm going to barf and I can just feel it in my throat and mouth. All it'll take is one tiny little gross thing and I'll explode.

Water is my best friend right now. It really helps with that 'about to vomit' feeling. Keep some by your bedside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->