Morning sickness and dating pregnancy - Help!

Fit_Mama2Be

Reaction score
I don't know how far along I am and it is driving me crazy!! I honestly have no idea when my last period was as it has been very irregular in the last several months...All I do know is that I had implantation bleeding (which I though was my period at first) from November 9-10.

On Nov. 30 I took 2 dollar store pregnancy tests and both were positive with the pregnancy line appearing at the same instant as the control line - it was even a bit darker than the control line! The following day (Dec. 1) I took the ClearBlue digital test pictured in my avatar and it calculated me at 3+ weeks.

Then tonight I had my first bout of "morning" sickness, which I understand *generally* starts at 6 weeks. Am I roughly 6 weeks pregnant then? If anyone has any insight I'd really appreciate it - I've never been pregnant before and I feel completely clueless.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi there, first off congrats on the pregnancy.
I am 5 weeks and no sickness yet, that being said some people get sickness from 4 weeks so I suppose you can't really go off that for dates. Can't u get a dating scan?

Hi there, first off congrats on the pregnancy.
I am 5 weeks and no sickness yet, that being said some people get sickness from 4 weeks so I suppose you can't really go off that for dates. Can't u get a dating scan?

I sure hope I get a dating scan soon! I've been to the doctor twice now and all they did was congratulate me and take my blood pressure. I have an appointment Monday so I'm hoping I actually walk away with some information this time!

Thanks for answering. :)

Congratulations!! I would guess that you are 7-8 weeks maybe??

You're bleeding might possibly have been one if these two things...

1) implantation bleeding. This would usually happen around 1-2 weeks after ovulation. This would make you about 8 weeks based on when you say you had it. (Because dating would be from two weeks BEFORE ov - they always count from the first day of your last period which is really tricky for those of us with irregular cycles!)

2) bleed could have been an ovulation bleed making you 6-7 weeks. Do you ever have any signs of ov?

So exciting!! Hope you get a dating scan booked in soon!!

Mine hyperemesis (severe pregnancy sickness ) started at 5 weeks.
I wouldn't use morning sickness to date your pregnancy.
All women are different.

All women are different as pp said. I've had morning sickness start at different times for me...Some as early as 4 weeks..Some as late as 9 weeks. You NEED to ask for a dating scan. They would need that to gauge when you go for some pretty important tests at 12 weeks. I'm not sure where u live but in my case I just had my obgyn fax a requisite for a dating scan to my local lab and they called me right away and set up an appointment. The info will then get sent back to my obgyn and they will call me and we arrange for my 12 weeks scan and blood work.

Thanks for the info ladies and congrats to all of you!

kwth - if I could be as far along as 7-8 weeks I need to know ASAP, eek! One of my good friends is getting married in July in a destination that's about a 10 hour drive from where I live...I really need to know if I'll be able to attend her wedding (as big as a house) or if I'll be in labor!!

Thanks Tryn4 - I am going to demand they send me for a dating scan when I have my appointment on Monday! I am in Vancouver and see that you're in Toronto so we have the same healthcare system (aside from provincial differences) so that info is super helpful. To the lab I go!

Sounds like you're between 6-8 weeks. Exciting!

For sure! I hope it's the same for u out west! I'm excited for you! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->