Morning sickness and eating out

SonnyH

Reaction score
So, I have a big family Sunday lunch today and I'm getting myself all stressed out. My morning sickness is through the roof at the moment, I'm really struggling and I'm panicking about coping with a meal out at a posh restaurant when at home, I'm living of sandwiches!

I was debating cancelling but yesterday my mum and cousin both pulled out with chest infections (to be fair, they've both been in A&E unable to breathe) and so now I feel like I can't cancel as well :( it's for my uncles birthday so I'd feel so guilty! Only my parents know I'm pregnant at the moment, so the rest of the family have no idea!

Any tips for surviving a meal when you might throw up at any minute? :(

Oh I feel you! A few years ago when 10 weeks preg with DS2 we had my Dad's 60th lunch and I remember feeling so torrid I wanted to cry.

Tell everyone you ate something dodgy last night and got food poisoning so you just want to take it easy at the lunch but you didn't want to miss out and not be there. Then eat little bits and go home when it gets too much. Your family will probably be expecting you to leave early and completely understand but will be grateful you are out after a night of puking.

Say you have a hangover? No one will think you're pregnant if they think you overdid it on the wine last night!

Thanks ladies! I just about made it through! The smell of different foods almost tipped me over the edge but I held it together! I went with a small lie of just getting over a sickness bug and feeling quite delicate! I ordered a roast but could only eat the veg and potatoes but better than nothing! It did make me feel sad though, I really miss enjoying food! This aversion to eating anything has really thrown me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->