Morning sickness and fatigue stopping you working?

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
There's no way I could face work today. I have over an hour's commute and the motion of the car makes me almost vomit. My stomach is churning in waves all day every day, I'm so tired I can barely plod around the house...Am I the only one? Everyone seems to be breezing through first tri or at least managing to get on with every day life...I've been knocked out by pregnancy and am off "sick". Any ladies joining me? :wacko:

I had morning sickness starting at about 5 weeks. It was so bad that I couldn't work anymore. It's just going away now and I am 13 weeks. Though I get days where it's bad (like yesterday) still but not nearly as bad as it had been.

I'm a SAHM now anyway, but when I was pregnant with my first I actually quit my job at 8 weeks. I just could not sit in the car for 30 minutes every morning and then walk around all day. I think it would have been different maybe if I'd had a shorter commute/ could have used a train and had an office job, but with the way things were I could not go on working the job I had. I tied myself over with babysitting for friends and family...and by the second trimester I felt better, so I could have gone back, but didn't have to, luckily.

Now I can't wait to get back to work! :D

I was thinking about this this morning...

I have morning sickness and really bad fatigue. I've been doing my best to hide it at work but it's getting more difficult. I really feel like the last hour or two of my work day is a complete waste of time because I cannot function. So I'm considering taking off early a few days a week because I'm dying and I'm not productive anyways.. though I don't know if work will be okay with that...

I'm still early so anything could change with this one but *knock on wood* so far so good. I'm certainly not as productive due to no motivation but I can deal with that. Last pregnancy, I was always calling off work and leaving early. I was getting paid to vomit in the bathroom all day, it was ridiculous. One time I left early I was driving and didn't even have time to pull over I grabbed a bag next to me and was throwing up WHILE driving :shock: It was horrible and I definitely couldn't work like that. I couldn't quit and I only had a certain amount of time I could take off but luckily mid 2nd trimester the sickness wore off and meds helped too!

I'm fortunate that even though I'm office based I can work from home when it suits. Last pregnancy I was very sick particularly until lunch time (then the evenings) and my boss actually suggested I work from home in the mornings and only go in in the afternoon if I had something crucial on.

I'm still early in this pregnancy but I've already told my boss. I actually dropped LO off at daycare today and worked from home so I could nap (LO is cutting his molars, so I'm pregnancy tired and Mummy tired.)

I've been braving it at work but it all got too much for me today and tomorrow I will call in sick.

It takes a lot for me to call off work. I have to be pretty much completely 100% unable to leave a toilet or contagious. I did not ever call off work because of pregnancy symptoms last time, and won't this time either. I luckily work in a supportive environment. Not judging those who do take off at all, just saying what is right for me!

I have 16 pd days off worked up for this school year and don't want to take them off for preg. symptoms.

I make sure to go to bed early to fight the exhaustion. I'm still exhausted even with 9 or so hours of sleep, but it does help some.

I will be taking a personal day on Monday for my doctor appointment and ultrasound. That is just because no one at work knows yet. Assuming everything will go great, I will then tell my boss what is going on and won't even take full days off for that anymore. I will just take 1/2 days or get a late appt and leave a little early. Again, I know not every work environment is supportive and understanding!

I was glad to read this (not because you are sick) but I am the same, constantly sick and have no energy at all!!
I am even at the point that I am getting annoyed with myself for being so tired
It is my third child but I never ever felt this bad!!
To keep food down I have to eat and lie down to go to sleep or it doesn't stay down!!
I really hope this passes for you and any one else getting it!!
All the best xx

I have hyperemesis and have not worked since it kicked in. A shower exhausts me at the moment!

I have hyperemesis so been off work for 5 weeks now no way could I work with this :-(. It takes enough of my energy just to lift my head and be sick :-( not nice.

I don't work.. But I am finding the hardest thing is walking my daughter to the bus for school. I hoped fresh air would help, but I end up gagging the whole way. I've had to call in for some help. If I was working, I would not be able to do it. With dd1 I managed but lost a lot of time and spent a lot of time when I was there in the bathroom. I got fired with dd2 for being sick as I had just started the job and they weren't sympathetic to morning sickness. I'm happy I'm home this time, but it still isn't the easiest! Take care ladies

Ohhh yes i have it... started about 6wks very bad i got phenergan tablets from the Dr. They stopped the throwing up but i still felt sick. Im now 10 1/2 weeks and seem to get worse from 5pm . Lucozade has helped but im fed up with it and hope it goes away very soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->