Morning sickness as a wake-up call instead of alarm clock??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jerseyshoregirl, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hi everyone!

Curious if anyone else is experiencing morning sickness actually waking them up in the morning....before the alarm clock even goes off! :dohh:

Luckily, I have not actually gotten sick yet...but I do spend about an hour in bed feeling like I am going to.

If anyone else feels this way, I would love to know what you do to help it. I'm strongly considering leaving saltine crackers and ginger ale on my nightstand!

And funny enough, even though I feel :boat: in the morning, I wouldn't change it for the world!!

JM

2. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

How I miss morning sickness - NOT :rofl:

Mine was my 'alarm clock' for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy!!

I used to have gingerbread men by bed :) Didn't seem to help but they were yummy lol!!

xx

3. Holly21

Holly21 Well-Known Member

I was woken by it for quite a few weeks - nothing helped unfortunately, although I found that staying horizontal in bed for as long as possible (lunchtime, preferably) made me feel less sick when I eventually got up. Now it's the urge to pee that gets me up at night and wakes me! Some people find eating a cracker etc before going to sleep or having something as soon as the wake and before getting up helps :hug:

4. kellysays2u

kellysays2u Guest

I have the "alarm clock" going off at like 1:30 in the morning. But I actually get sick from it. Luckily after that I can sleep alright till its time to get up... Its not the best but its sleep.

5. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

i have it waking me up when im hungry and need food. Only thing that sorts it is eating.

6. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

It tends to wake me up, until i was about 7 weeks pregant i was being sick nearly everymorning when i woke but ive not been as bad for last couple of weeks and usually just tend to feel sick. ive been keeping ginger biscuits by my bed

7. diva4180

diva4180 Well-Known Member

I'm up there with Arcanegirl - I get a bit quesy if I don't eat first thing, at least some crackers to start off with (of course this is subject to change since I'm only a bit over 4 weeks lol). Last time when I was pregnant with my son, I felt sick almost all the time, whether my stomach was full or empty.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I still have morning sickness and none of them things ever helped me it just made the vomit taste worse. It works for some but just not me. I still throw up now in the mornings but leaves me for a day or two at a time. tried all them remedies so if they dont work dont worry your not the only one. I sometimes cant start my day unless i am sick as my stomach is rotten.

9. Oh wow girls! I hope you all start to feel better soon!

This morning I got up for work at my usual time of 4:45am and started with the ginger ale and crackers straight away.

I think I licked it this AM! (Yeah watch it hit me this afternoon instead)

JM

10. Mummi2b

Mummi2b x Mummy to Adrhianna x

i have never had morning sickness ~:D ~ i must be he luckyone

11. amelia222

amelia222 Well-Known Member

Th only thing i've noticed that helps is sleeping in late and not having to get up at 6am. I do try to at least drink some water and have a few crackers right away so that there is something to come up. It always feels better throwing up something than nothing :( I hope I don't have too much longer of this...

12. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

oh god i count my lucky stars that im not like you lot then! i thaught mine was bad im actually fine in a morn its 2 or 3 hours later when mine kicks in and gets worse thru the day, im sick around 5-7pm ish mines doubled coz of the twinnies too :( i soo wish that saying wasnt true but it is! nothing seems to help me wit it either :(

13. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

jerseyshore, what stage did your sickness start?

14. **angel**

**angel** Mummy to 2 little boys!

lol mine kicked in at 12.40am this morning anf then 7.15am!!! as soon as i hit 8 weeks!! xxx

15. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

i was up way before the arlarm too, haven't been sick yet hope I dont

16. Mine started Saturday...right at 5wk1d if I go off my LMP. Today's been good though. Started off the morning right with the ginger ale and saltines!