Morning sickness has arrived!!

esther

Mum to Layla born June 09
Reaction score
I was wondering last week when the nausea was going to kick in, and was looking forward to it. Late last week started getting little sicky feelings which went away pretty quickly. Last couple of days when I wake up, I have to lie back down because I am feeling sick and the only remedy is some dry toast and ginger lemon tea. Was sitting watching TV and having a chat tonight and suddenly brought up a lovely acidic concoction of what I had been drinking during the day, was so gross and just came out of no where.

What foods help you? I am finding I only want to eat potato or bananas, anything really sweet makes my stomach turn.

Pizza, crackers and breakfast cereals were the only things I could eat for a long while :)

Was really hard to find something to eat for dinner tonight. Fridge full of meat, pastas you name it, I could only eat some steamed potato lol. I had chicken soup for lunch today and learnt my lesson, the warm liquid in my stomach felt like it was doing backflips and the feeling of this luke warm liquid made me retch and I was vomitting afterwards.

I've not actually thrown up yet (would be so excited if I did lol!) but feeling v v nauseous all day and the only thing I really manage to eat is noodles and soy sauce (with some nuts thrown in to try and be healthy!) ....weirdly I'm finding the best cure for when I'm feeling really rough is orange juice and fish oil!!! (and I'm veggie!)

Oh hun I sympathise I have it full on, sick twice yesterday and the feeling of nausea all day long is really getting to me. I have bought those sickness bands today and they seem to take the edge off it. I am at the stage where I really fancy something then when I eat it only take couple of bites.. the joys of preg eh??

Ginger biscuits, crackers, anything plain and dry, and dont gulp down your drinks, sip slowly :)
X

i found toast and potatoes really bland food. def try and eat though or it gets worse! Im at the stage now if i dont eat for a few hours it makes me sick..

well seeing as how I still have morning sickness, I just eat something light, like toast with peanut butter, avoid anything dairy or citrus-y

Definitely toast in the morning as soon as I wake up otherwise I feel crud all day long.

I have horrid heartburn which makes me feel nauseous - I find cucumber and apples help a little x

Mine was awfull i sympathise!! I loved Cucumber, Melon and Turkey Dinosaurs lol

Ginger biscuits, crackers, anything plain and dry, and dont gulp down your drinks, sip slowly :)
X

I agree. Best thing to do is wake up in the middle of the night and have a few crackers or something. Or early morning before you get out of bed. I had to do that to keep myself from throwing up. Though everyone is different. You will soon find what works best for you :)

Mine was really bad, I couldn't stomach anything. Normally from 6.30am - till around lunch time and then it would come back for a second go around dinner time.

Make sure you drink plenty of water if you can. Not meaning to scare you but I ended up in hospital in a drip where I didn't keep my fluids up. x x

none! I tried everying and i am near in the third trimester and still have morning sickness. Not all remedies work on people , infact eating the remadies made the vomiting taste and feel worse on me. Most people get rid of it by now but I like to be different and last to the end and be that one person poeple heard about being sick to the end. Typical.

I lived on salt and vingear crisps.. they eased my nausea, and when i ran out of crisps i sucked on foxes glacier mints and fruits. They worked great for me, any sour things or tangy things worked great. But it does mean you need a constant supply in your pocket
xxx

Yeah it seems that if I have a stomach full of bland food then I am ok. I kept waking up during the night last night feeling off, so didn't get much sleep so I slept in today and when I got up I felt really empty so tried to have something and the ended up vomitting - then forced myself to have some plain boiled pasta with a simple tomato sauce on it, filled me up and eased the nausea after about an hour I think. Then could only stomach a bowl of boiled potatoes tonight.

I was anticipating morning sickness so I could finally really feel pregnant, but now I cannot wait for it to pack it bags and leave, I feel so crap and I don't feel like going anywhere, especially since it is getting so hot here in Oz.

Thanks for all your advice, will definitely get some water crackers to keep beside my bed.

lol aww Esther, and you were looking forward to it as well!

hope you feel better soon x I'm hoping mine will wear off in the next month or so too

i found that the best bet was
not to eat big/greasy meal b4 bed & when u wake up in the morning try & eat something b4 u get up & start moving about, worked for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->