Morning Sickness - How long did it last?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by esther, Oct 18, 2008.

1. esther

esther Mum to Layla born June 09

Hi everyone, I have had nausea for about 2 weeks now, with the week just passed being the worst, I really felt terrible and miserable. But since yesterday, it seems to have eased up. I was okay most of the day, had a little bit of nausea in the night and then woke up this morning feeling sort ok as well, nothing compared to what I have had. I guess I should see this as a blessing in disguise, but I can't help being a little apprehensive about it. I know everyone is different, but everything pregnancy symptom that I have makes me feel like this is really happening.

So how long has your morning sickness lasted for? Is it possible to get it only for a week or two or three, then it stop?? I am confused and worried.

:hug:

2. Novbaby08

Novbaby08 Mom to Harley & Piper

well I'm almost 33 weeks, and I still get it. So, but everyone is different, so I hope yours comes and goes quickly

3. princessttc

princessttc Well-Known Member

I was lucky I never got it too bad im nearly 13 weeks now and I do get it for the odd day and then I wont have it for a while again.... But they do say its meant to ease off in the second trimester?:happydance:

4. esther

I actually probably spoke to soon. I was feeling okay most of last night and felt pretty ok this morning, but have started getting queazy again now so am drinking some fresh ginger tea to hopefully make it go away.

5. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

i have had it from about week 5 and i hate it! plus they say with twins it can worsen :-( this is so very true xx

6. LaDY

LaDY Mummy Of Two xx

When i was expecting it lasted from 6 weeks till the end of my pregnancy...God i shouldn't have come here the thought of it is making me feel sick again:sick:

7. Sarah_16x

Sarah_16x Mum to Jayden & pregnant

i was lucky i never had morning sickness so im not sure how long it lasts for xx

8. esther

It is definitely not as bad today as it has been, although I am feeling more fatigued than I have this whole pregnancy.

9. Novbaby08

Novbaby08 Mom to Harley & Piper

it might not be the same everyday either. Some days I noticed I'll feel better then others, for me it was worst weeks 6-18 I would be throwing up several times through the morning, and most of the time it would just be stomach acid. Now its not everyday I feel sick, but I still throw up once or twice a week.

10. Clartylou

Clartylou Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2

My all day nausea lasted a few weeks so from getting BFP at 4 weeks til about 7 weeks. I am now 10 weeks 3 days and I had no nausea and my symptoms were going, however, my symptoms have come back. My nausea seems to come at night and affects me falling asleep.

Clartylou x

11. jobee2222

jobee2222 Well-Known Member

I had it from week6 to week 13 where it then eased off by week 14 it was totally gone.

12. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

I had it from 5 and a half weeks till 10 weeks then it seemed to ease off, that was untill yesterday when it hit me again like a brick wall...tut tut. I'm hoping it will go for good soon xx

13. NatalieW

NatalieW Well-Known Member

I had it bad from week 7 until week 11... feels loads better now... I just never let me stomach get really empty, because that made me worse

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I am 26 weeks tomorrow and am still getting it. Everyone is different some pass at end of first trimester some like me can possibly go the whole way through. Its horrible though. I cant eat anything till i am sick here and its coming. :(

15. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

I have had it since 4/5 weeks and for the last week it has been comnig and going. Some days better than the other, I thought the same as you - that it was going away, however today I feel really sick again...

16. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

I started getting queasy at 6 weeks or so...and it hit me bad a few day when I was near 7 weeks then kind of passed until I was 10 weeks and has been bad since....so bad that for the last 3 days I couldnt even get dressed let along get to work...but by mid afternoonit had passed. Hoping it will go soon or enough to let me get to work.

Emma.xx

17. maddyloves

maddyloves Member

I get it at nighttime too! Especially if I haven't eaten enough/eaten too much in the afternoon. I'm 11w 5 d and I used to get it when I thought of eating, but not when I was actually eating and when I was too hot, but it's sort of eased through the day. Do you drink peppermint tea in bed? Thats the only thing that sometimes makes mine ease off.
    xx

18. maccy

maccy Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls

I'm sick of it (excuse the pun) I'm nearly 9 weeks and had it since I was 6 I've been sick twice a day for past three days, not eating or drinking very well...will I ever feel like food again???

19. jemz

jemz Member

hiya well im nearly 6 weeks and i feel like c**p i have had it for about a week now and cant even eat properly.. eveytime i smell food i feel sick its so annoying!! any remedies anyone??? love jemma xxx:hug:

20. esther

Well my nausea has definitely eased up, its nothing like it was for last week. I guess I should be happy that it has not lasted too long, but still cannot help but feel worried. I am still really tired, have sore boobs and am constipated (sorry tmi) so I guess I should try not to worry too much, but I will lol.