Morning Sickness...ideas please

goingforit

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks pregnant and keep being sick. I have a cold at the moment which has hit me for 7. My head feels like its about to burst.

Anyhow I don't think the sickness is related to my cold. It's at different times. Sometimes toothpaste sets it off, other times its movement and my dinner didn't take long to come up this evening.

Any top tips on how to cope would be great...luckily I'm off work at the moment!

Thanks

It says you're in the UK so you can't do diclectin or it's US variant, but you might be able to take B6 and Unisom separately.

Annoyingly you just can't get Unisom in the UK, not even the generic medicine. It's strange but it just doesn't exist! It's on it's way in 2017 apparently!

Sickness is a tough one, I have a major phobia of it so I took medicine so as to avoid panic attacks! I've been on Ondanestron since week 6 and I'm still taking 8mg a day at 20 weeks! But it's a personal choice. I know a lot of people are very anti - medicine and I do understand why. But if you wanted to look at that option, Doctors in the UK start you on cyclizine as a entry level. It's a pretty mild antihistamine and not known to cause any problems at all.

Other, the typical suggestions, make sure you are not getting hungry, keep hydrated and maybe try sea bands? Some people swear by them! I found sour flavours helped my nausea a bit, the green starburst or real lemon lemonade!

Hope you feel better soon!

I'v found that when things are really bad ice lollies, hot chocolate and lasagne help. Sprite and fanta have also been helpful, but I whisp the bubbles away first. I use these to calm my tummy to be able to then eat something healthier.

ginger ale maybe?? or wintergreen/peppermint mints..

I had a friend who swore by these hard ginger candies, personally i cant take ginger, but it helps settle the stomach for some people.

All the usual tricks about ginger and mint have not worked for me. I even gag on saltines. I'm on diclegis but still pretty sick most days even as I near 12 weeks. What has worked is taking even just one bite of something every 10-15 minutes. I keep cheerios in my pocket at work, and I even take a bite of something anytime I stir a bit at night (I was dry heaving in the middle of the night before). Plain ramen without tare is my new fav dinner, and avocado toast with beans works for breakfast. Sometimes I just need a little sugar boost, so I've been keeping sour candies around. Vomiting is typically caused by an empty stomach and/or hypoglycemia, although now at this later stage it also seems to be caused by heartburn. Brushing teeth is the worst for me. I can't get the back without vomiting. I floss and use mouthwash and then just do a quick job. Thinking I should add a waterpic too. I hate all these poor food choices and that I'm neglecting my teeth a bit, but just hoping so hard that second tri brings some relief.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and thanks for the ideas. Lesojdemavie that sounds a lot similar to me. I had a good day yesterday so I am planning on continuing those tricks. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->