Morning sickness is here!!

Shortstuff88

Mother of a beautiful boy and gorgeous girl
Reaction score
I was really hoping this time round I'd get to skip this experience as I had this with my son from 6-26 weeks pregnant. But, unfortunately, as of Thursday I have definitely got morning sickness. I don't really want to eat anything at all. Everything makes me feel so nauseas that I'm forcing food down. Inevitably for it to come back up again. I've been fortunate that as a preschool assistant I've been off all summer but I'm heading back to work tomorrow and I am dreading it!!
Any tips?? Nothing really helped last time but I'm really struggling with feeling like this and trying to look after my son too.

It's started for me. I'm really surprised, because I'm only 4 weeks along.

I don't know why they call it "morning" sickness, because for me it seems to be more like "pre-lunch" sickness at the moment. I try to have a small snack (1-2 crackers) as soon as I sense it starting. That has seemed to settle it down the last couple of days. We'll see how long that works.

Good luck!

I may try eating some crackers. I hate forcing myself to eat! And I hate that I'm not enjoying food 😂😂
In my last pregnancy salt and vinegar crisps used to help a lot but I haven't tried them this time yet!

Oh it sucks, I'm dreading it! I had it bad in my last two pregnancies :(

The nausea usually starts around 6 weeks of pregnancy, but it can begin as early as 4 weeks. It tends to get worse over the next month or so. About half of the women who get nausea during pregnancy feel complete relief around 14 weeks.

Carbs and Protein. Carbohydrates like bread, soda crackers, mashed potatoes and dry toast have also been found to help combat nausea. To quell morning sickness before it starts, try keeping a few crackers by your bed and slowly eat a few before you get up in the morning.

Im so sorry! I suffered from HG with both of my pregnancies. For this one I took a sleep aid called Unisom (1/2 a tablet) and added B6 to it. It does make you tired but it took the edge off and I was able to keep food down. Maybe talk to your doctor or midwife and see if maybe they can prescribe you something like Diclegis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->