Morning sickness, more like all day sickness

hollowmac

Mom of 3 and Preg with #4
Reaction score
So, don't get me wrong...I am beyond happy to be pregnant again especially since this will be our last but this sickness is really kicking my butt this time around. None of the things that helped previous is helping. I may have to call the Dr and get the prescription medicine. Anyone else had to use it? Does it help?

Aww, hang in there!
I've awful morning sickness too, I don't puke every day though. It lasts all day and all night long.
I'm hoping to ride it through but not because I'm ultra brave, I just don't feel like going to the dr about it unless I can't keep liquid down. I had some dehydration issues last week, but thankfully I managed to drink some in the end.
Water just tastes so yuck I find!

hollowmac, I know exactly how you feel, I was sick EVERY single day until 16 weeks. I took the zofran and it was a life saver. I couldn't keep water down it was bad, I lost 5lbs. I have still had some ms on and off. I got sick a few days at 18 weeks and now sick again at 22 weeks. It is a bummer but talk to your dr and they should get you the zofran. I also took Unisom, a sleeping aid over the counter, and it helped a ton too. It has b6 and something else in it and it was a miracle! Hope you feel better soon but def call your dr, no reason to be sick if you don't have to.

Try some ginger tea. I never got MS but still suffer from queasy belly.
Drop a little piece of raw ginger into a steaming cup of water and add lemon and honey. I promise it works :)

None of the things that helped previous is helping. I may have to call the Dr and get the prescription medicine. Anyone else had to use it? Does it help?

I was on the fence about taking Zofran. However, after experiencing an even greater escalation of symptoms -- got sick more than 20 times on Monday! -- I decided to give it a try. It has helped me tremendously. I still sometimes get sick while on it, but typically only in the mornings, and otherwise I feel fine. I am able to go without it on the weekends, and I am finally able to be productive at work! A number of colleagues have commented on how "healthy" I look… nothing like losing a few pounds and regaining the ability to stand without reaching for a bucket. :)

I got some medicine from my ob yesterday, after two weeks in hell (yesterday morning I had to pull over while driving to almost vomit, thank god I could pull myself together and get home just in time to reach the bathroom). Anyways, the medicine was wonderful. I feel almost nothing now

I had awful MS during my last pregnancy, and it's started already with this one too. I took Zofran with my last but it didn't help, all it did was constipate me. Honestly, nothing helped at all for me. Also I've been seeing a ton of those lawsuit commercials on TV saying Zofran has caused birth defects? I don't know what other medication options there are.

Mean to add, my MS was a more extreme case I think, was horrible until 16 weeks, but never completely went away until I gave birth. I lost 11 pounds, didn't gain any weight at all until after that 16 week mark.

The Dr gave me Diclegis. I don't know if it works yet. I just took the first dose. I also got some seabands. When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I lost 52 lbs during my pregnancy. I was never nauseated but I threw up all the time. My 3rd wasn't that long and I didn't work so it wasn't that bad but this time is rough. Thanks for all the advice. I hope it passes quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"