Morning Sickness natural remedies

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :)

Was browsing web and found this article. Hope it helps.

Herbs to prevent morning sickness

Raspberry leaves
Raspberry leaves can be consumed during pregnancy without any side effects. The leaves tone the muscles of the pelvic floor and the uterus. They are also rich in calcium, iron, vitamin E and vitamin C. Tea made using raspberry leaves can be used throughout the course of pregnancy to ease morning sickness, tone the muscles that will be worked during labor, help in the synthesis of breast milk, and prevent miscarriage.

Nettle leaves
Nettle leaves contain high amounts of vitamins and minerals. They are quite useful for the treatment of morning sickness. The leaves also encourage the production of breast milk, reduce muscle spasms, ****** the formation of hemorrhoids and alleviate leg cramps.

Even after childbirth, nettle leaves can be used to tone the nervous system and regulate the hormone levels in the body.

Ginger root tea
Tea made using dried ginger root is helpful in treating persistent morning sickness. It calms the stomach and reduces gas and bloating.

Peppermint
Peppermint tea can be drunk at night before sleeping to prevent the occurrence of morning sickness. It is said to ease the symptoms of gas and bloating.

Put 2 teaspoons of dried peppermint leaves in hot water and allow it to steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea while it is still warm.

Chamomile
Chamomile is gentle and soothing on the stomach and treats the symptoms of morning sickness. Tea made from chamomile can be sipped throughout the day for immediate relief as and when required.

Although the next three items are not strictly herbs, they are worth a mention since they are effective in relieving nausea.

Wild yam (Dioscorea villosa)
Native Americans have been using the root of the wild yam to treat morning sickness and help ease childbirth. It has been claimed that the presence of substances called diosgenin in root supplements causes an increase in the levels of progesterone, testosterone and other hormonal compounds in the body. However, scientists dispute this claim stating that the body does not have the ability to effect this conversion.

Cabbage
Yes, the humble cabbage can relieve morning sickness as well. Consumed in any form – raw, cooked, or juiced – cabbage can soothe the stomach and stop nausea.

Peach leaves
The leaves of the peach tree have been used in Chinese medicine to treat ailments related to pregnancy such as morning sickness. Europeans, however, have used the bark of the tree to make a soothing tea.

About cabbage.... Unknowingly (before I found this article) I decided to try a cabbage salad (I have been eating a LOT, and wanted to lower calorie intake) and not only it made me feel full, but also really DID ease up MS.
I make a salad of a raw cabbage, tomatoes, dill, olive oil, salt and lemon juice. All finelly chopped.

Interesting about the cabbage- not heard of that before, and can't be a bad thing to give it a go! Thanks.

Another thing to add, is I have been using magnesium oil- topically. Been using it for a few months because I work out, and using it as a deodoriser. Apparently it may also help with ms. And so far I have been doing ok!

There's some debate over the use of raspberry leaves (and nettles too) in early pregnancy so I'd caution anyone to talk to their midwife/OB first before consuming.

What works great for me when I have nausea and upset stomach is adding a large clump of grated ginger into a teapot of hot water and adding lots of honey. The longer it steeps the better it gets! I always find my last cup to be the best as it's fully saturated in ginger/honey. Definitely helps with the queasies.

Interesting, most of these I'd never heard about other than ginger. Although I have read to be careful about ginger consumption as large amounts over a long period of time can cause MC.

I've been sipping on lemonade whenever I feel really bad nausea and it seems to help a lot, at least for a while:thumbup: DH bought this really good lemonade that's not sweet which is probably why it helps. I drink it room temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->