• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Morning sickness sensitivity

LoveTypeThing

Reaction score
I have had constant morning sickness since I was 5-6 weeks, and for some reason everyone around me feels it necessary to comment that they did not have morning sickness through their pregnancy. I know that it does not mean anything, but I feel like they are trying to say that I am weaker than them because I have had morning sickness (there are my pregnancy hormones causing paranoia, and I used to be such a sane person). Is anyone else getting sick of people saying, "hmm, I didn't have any morning sickness"?

:cry: here here, I'm exactly the same everyone saying ohh I felt sick but wasn't actually sick, and it's the last thing we want to hear.

Just keep trying to tell myself that it's normal and that it can only get better :hugs:

awww, sorry hun. Hang in there..it *should* get better soon...

My one friend was sick the whole pregnancy with DD1 when she got anywhere near hamburger meat....then she went on to get sick at least once a day with DD2.....you're not alone!

I know someone who didn't get any morning sickness or stretch marks (***** - insert your own swear word there) but my doctor said she had it with a vengence, so I guess it really is just that everyone is different.

If it makes you feel any better about the sickness, the person without any had a 3 day labour!

[edit delete as seems the original post worked after all!]

Yeah I'm getting this alot, screw em everyone is different! :)

I totally sympathise!!

With my dd, there were lots of women at my work who had just had babies, and none of them got bad m/s. I was off work for 3 weeks mine was so bad, and everyone felt the need to say that they managed to cope.

Well good for bloody them!
No way could they have been in work every day if they had severe m/s like I did. I could barely stand up without puking 24 hours a day for 3 weeks.

Ignore all those who never had it bad, as they just don't understand how bad it gets for some of us. It is something we have NO control over, despite someone telling me they carried on as it was 'mind over matter'. Yeah right.
Tell that to the gals who end up hospitalised with hyperemsis.

everyone is different...

i'd rather have morning sickness to be honest......at least it is a good sign (in a strange way!).....

:hugs:

Everyone has a completely different pregnancy. Just because someone gets sick and another never gets sick doesn't mean the other person is weaker. It just happens, to ignore the comments and stay positive. The sickness will only last for so long hun. :hugs:

I had the same thing happen to me. Lots of ladies at work just had babies or were further along than me, but I was the only one who missed work for 4 weeks and spent 4 more weeks at work curled up in my desk chair feeling so ill. Thankfully my mom had really bad m/s so she had lots of sympathy for me.

All the ladies at my work who didn't have morning sickness ended up having other complications (1 on bedrest for 3 months, and 2 with gestational diabetes) so I've always made myself feel better by thinking that I've already suffered so the rest of my pregnancy will continue to be great :rofl:

You'll start feeling better in a few weeks and by the time you get into 2nd trimester you'll really start feeling great! Just hang in there :hugs:

Or the people who say "have you tried ginger biscuits!"

No- ive suffered all this time and all it would have taken was ginger biscuits!! ddduuuuuuuuuuh!!

xx

my mom had morning sickness up untill 8 and a half months with me and my aunt had no morning sickness at all each person will differ with the amount they get or if they get it or not i wouldnt worry to much just try to make sure you put in what comes out gl hunni hope all goes well for you

oh, thought i was the only who keep hearing the same comments, apparently im the only one who have experience severe ms plus spitting, everybody at work havent, too bad cause they dont know how it feels, so they shud keep the big mouth shut.... how do you all manage with work, i just cant.... spitting all the time plus im nausiated, sp all the time, im weak.... oh dear.....

I personally haven't had sickness itself (only once) but have had nausea which is horrid! I do find certain things help a little but overall the things that make me feel sick are odd.

The latest is OH's breath, which makes me feel so guilty but his breath makes me heave! He doesn't have particularly bad breath, it's just male breath lol.

I would never say people who had more severe m/s were weak though! That's just a bit harsh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"