Morning sickness

Marnitoo

Reaction score
Hi, I just wondered if what I am experiencing is normal for others aswel.
I started morning sickness a week ago and it's become gradually worse and I now vomit after everything I eat. I'm quite concerned that I should be able to eat something and it not come back out?
I have had to be signed off work as my sickness is so bad, it's leaving me feeling dizzy, headaches and very weak.
My doctor referred to it as hyperemesis gravidarum.
I just wanted to know of other stories like this so I don't feel so alone..

I had HG with my last baby, couldnt keep food down for 4-6w would bring liquids straight back up. I had better periods then would hit rock bottom this cycle went on until i gave birth. I dont say hg is morning sickness its whole other kettle of fish.

Has your doc not given you no anti sickness tablets? You need to keep eye on yourself, if you get worse will need to go into hospital for iv fluids.

You need to focus on getting any liquids in you, food isnt as important.

Hi marnito . hope you start to feel better soon. I'm the same as mummytoamber . I'd also concentrate on your fluids. If you haven't kept any down for a while you may need to see a Dr as you may need to get rehydrated in hospital if it goes on too long. You sound like u need anti sickness meds too which hopefully will help you. Thinking of you x x

I've had HG this pregnancy. The main thing is not to let it get out of hand. I was determined I could beat it with no meds. It would pass. But that just ended up with me in hospital multiple times from dehydration and malnutrition. Once I started the meds I did feel much better, it wasnt a miracle cure, I'm still sick a lot but I can keep down small meals most days now and haven't been to hospital in a month now with dehydration. I know how tough it is, I really hope you feel better soon!

Thanks guys for the replies and support. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this.
My doctor said he doesn't like to give out medication until after 12 weeks..
Yesturday I actually brought some of those sea bands that people say help, I think they are slightly helping although still very sick. Maybe just not quite as much.
I will see how I go over the next couple of days and maybe contact my doctor again.

Thanks guys for the replies and support. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this.
My doctor said he doesn't like to give out medication until after 12 weeks..
Yesturday I actually brought some of those sea bands that people say help, I think they are slightly helping although still very sick. Maybe just not quite as much.
I will see how I go over the next couple of days and maybe contact my doctor again.

Don't let doctor fob you off with that, keep it in check and go to A&E if it gets any worse, plenty fluids in you like the girls say. Both of my friends suffered this last year and they were in and out of hospital for months, keep at doctor or ring midwife if it stays the same xx

I had hyperemesis with lo.
I literally ate nothing for 20 week's. Ended up in icu with organ failure.
If you think your getting dehydrated go to the hospital for iv fluids.

I have HG and it is not fun an even though I have been on meds now for 2 weeks I am still sick but nowhere near as bad as I was - you need to get fluids down, did the Dr check your urine for keytones? They need to check you aren't dehydrated and if you are you need to go and have IV fluids as it will make you feel 100% better!

I am still struggling to get enough fluids in me no way near enough but I am better and now I am starting to pee more and my urine isn't as strong so I know I am not dehydrated.

My Dr has put me on Metoclopramide it is perfectly safe (I have googled)

I hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->