Morning Sickness!!

Confused_1984

Reaction score
I'm suffering from morning sickness, particulary when i'm in my office - luckily only a few of us are in and nobody notices!!

But i have an Excel course to attend all day on Friday (out of office) so will need to keep it at bay!

Any advice from those that know best?!

Thanks in advance!!
xxx

Ginger biscuits & some ginger root capsules I believe that you can buy from https://www.hollandandbarrett.com - Just search giner!

:D

Thanks wobbles.

Today i feel terrible - will definitely invest in as much ginger as i possibly can!!!

xxxx

Not good for people who hate ginger - hello bagpuss :lol:

I believe she has been using Hob Nobs...

Awww bless.

Well i'm a big fan of ginger biscuits so we're now going to become best friends!!

What is this they say about eating crackers?? Why do crackers prevent sickness?

Not heard teh crackers one :D

Ask HJ if ginger is better than sicky stuff :sick: I know what I'd prefer :lol:

hmm...Maybe i've been reading too many websites...or i'm totally losing the plot....

I'll stick to ginger crackers...! :D

I guess different things work for diff people I lokoed up on crackers:

Deal with it

There are lots of ways to help keep morning sickness at bay. Every expectant mother will find their own method, but here are some popular methods. Just be sure to consult your midwife or healthcare provider if you're considering any of the following to be sure it's right for you:

Eat what you want, whenever you want it. However, try to stick to a balanced diet and avoid skipping meals when you're feeling grim, as food can often help to ease the nausea;
Steer clear of strong smells (as pregant women are often oversensitive to odours). When cooking, be sure to ventilate the room;
Avoid coffee and tea, or any caffeinated product. Peppermint tea is often said to ease morning sickness, as is food or drink containing ginger;
Eat before you get up in the morning, while you're still in bed (at least you've got the perfect excuse for brekkie in bed). Morning sickness sufferers recommned crackers or dry cereal;
Get plenty of rest, as some morning sickness sufferers find the condition is worse when they're tired.

Thanks Wobbles and whilst you're here....

Is it common for women to lose their appetite during the first couple of months of pregnancy? I can barely finish i decent sized meal...figured this might just be part of the nausea?

Yer it is hun - all women are different though so don't panic & stay clear of that google search feature it will send you potty! :wink:

*phew!*

lol i'm aware of the google search! I'll do my best to steer well clear every time my paranoia starts playing up!

lol thanks again xxx

Google can be very useful but depending what your searching it can also be your worst dream come true type thing then you spend so many weeks in great deal of panic or confusion - Maybe both (!)

:hugs:

Eat small amounts but regularly! Try to include as much protein in your diet as possible, i.e, potatoes, rice, pasta etc this is meant to help and also if you do lilke ginger, the eat and drink anything with ginger in it!

Hope you are feeling better soon hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"