Mornings!

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Almost four week old wakes between 5-6 I try to let her lie in crib till 6 then we get up have bottle I find she is cranky then while I sort my breakfast / DD1 breakfast so I then wash her she takes a little of a bottle & goes down for nap. If we don't have to go anywhere this is fine but when we need to be up & out it is quite hard to get it all done!

Why not just feed her when she wakes? She's likely hungry straight away and that could be contributing to the grumpiness. I would have a bottle ready (the morning ones I used to make the night before, cool and refrigerate, so all I had to do was quickly warm it). I'd feed her straight away when she woke and then get dressed and put her in a wrap if I needed to do things around the house. Do you have a partner around? Could your partner get up with her while you sort out your older daughter or vice versa? Or lay out clothes and breakfast the night before, so your daughter can dress herself and breakfast takes just a few seconds to make?

Why not just feed her when she wakes? She's likely hungry straight away and that could be contributing to the grumpiness. I would have a bottle ready (the morning ones I used to make the night before, cool and refrigerate, so all I had to do was quickly warm it). I'd feed her straight away when she woke and then get dressed and put her in a wrap if I needed to do things around the house. Do you have a partner around? Could your partner get up with her while you sort out your older daughter or vice versa? Or lay out clothes and breakfast the night before, so your daughter can dress herself and breakfast takes just a few seconds to make?

Yes I've thought about feeding her straight away wondering then whether to treat that as morning get up feed etc or put her back down to sleep if she thinks it night time or daytime

OH goes to work at 3 a.m! I put clothes out night before for next day & breakfast doesnt take to long - think I'll have to eat on go lol!

I had a section so dubious about using wrap at mo

Hiya it is probably just a temporary thing as she is still newborn. I would agree with feeding her when she wakes to give you almost a head start. But i can appreciate its really hard getting things done with another little one. I will be finding out myself in December about managing everything. I think it will improve though as they change so much in the first year and especially the first couple of months. I bet you are shattered x

She's taken to waking at 5 last few days which I'm unsure to treat as Day or night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->