Moses basket

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by trish1200, Apr 16, 2009.

1. trish1200

trish1200 Well-Known Member

Is everyone getting one? I'm still unsure if I should buy one.

2. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

i got a moses basket, paid £3 for the basket and stand at a carbbot sale, it sin perfect condition, il buy a new matress for it tho, £5

3. lyndsey3010

lyndsey3010 Mummy of two boys

I'm not. We opted for a hammock as they appear to have a longer life than a moses basket. Plus, it looks sooooo cool!! :rofl:

4. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I am going to use my carrycot off my pram

5. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I got one, only because it was given to me though, don't think i would of brought one x

6. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

yepwe got one, mainly cause there isn't much room in our bedroom but also because cots just look so big compared to a tiny lil baby, like the baby would get lost. think they lookmore snug too and babies apparently like to be snug :D

my grandparents bought ours for is, it's mamas and papas and super cute!! :D

xXx

7. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

We've got one and going to keep it in the cot as I dont like the stands as they look like you could knock the basket off them to me.

8. daniandbaby

daniandbaby Pregnant-expecting

I got one but Im starting to regret it now, I had to put the stand together my self, which was very frustrating started crying doing it thinking My baby would fall out, Im not tightning the screws tight enough, gave up waiting for oh to do it at weekend... Reallly should have just got a cot but im scared to have such a tiny baby in a big cot... My opinion neways xxx

9. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

I havent bought one, weve just bought a cotbed and he'll be going straight in that.

10. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

we used to do this with 1st sons basket... carry it upstairswith handles thenput it incot, the handles started to break :lol: then downstairs we would use his stand, it never toppled over/collapsed and was safe... so long of course nobody was rushing past it andknocked it etc etc.

xXx

11. Taurustot09

Taurustot09 Well-Known Member

we bought one for 60.00 from kiddicare..gutted cos the flimsy plastic hood screw has already broken off so we need to fix that asap! i'm thinking a crib would of been better to be honest but m/b is pretty xxx

12. kbaker09

kbaker09 Well-Known Member

I bought one from babies r us only because there's not much room in my bedroom for a cot. And babies like to be snug because they're used to being snug in the womb. I just felt a cot would be too big at this stage but will be getting one when baby is around 3-4 months.

13. csmummu

csmummu Home to Charlie.

We used to carry it up stairs to the cot too but OH would carry the moses basket and i would carry the baby NEVER carry them in the basket upstairs!

14. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

We weren't going to bother but then I thought it would probably come in handy when I realised I couldn't detach the carrycot part from my pram like I thought I could, lol. Thought it would be a better spend than a travel cot in terms of visiting relatives until we can afford to get one of those travel cots that doubles as a playpen if needs be. We went to a Nearly New sale to try and get one and came away with a stand for £5. Luckily I got a discount code voucher thing for Littlewoods so got a brand new Moses Basket for £15 so £20 for the basket and stand, not bad.

15. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

I bought one as not decided on my pram yet so unsure if i will have a carrycot, also be good when i go and visit my folks who live 100miles away.

16. voddy

voddy New Member

People keep telling me not to bother getting one as the baby grows too quickly and wouldnt be in it for longer than a few months, but it's up to you coz im still going to get one lol x x

17. lu-lu2009

lu-lu2009 Expecting a boy! 35 weeks

i got one from ebay with stand for £20 (she even delivered it for me ! local of course) , looks brand new and sooooooo cute ! will buy a new matress for it tho. will come in handy as booked in for a c-section, so baby will use moses basket downstairs and crib for upstairs (also picked up from ebay at the bargain price of just £10 ! ) xx

18. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

we got one cos there not much room in bedrm for cot, and we hope to move b4 babys to big for the moses basket x

19. NatalieW

NatalieW Well-Known Member

We got an alternative to a moses basket, it's bigger and deeper than a moses. Costs a little more tho.

20. amslou

amslou TTC No2

We got a Graco travel cot with a basinette in it as we are sort of temporary where we are living and space is limited so i can grab it an move it easily if i need to and will be able to use it as a play pen afterwards. I thought about a moses basket but as people have said after 2 1/2 3 months they dont fit in it anymore so i figured it was a lot of money for something that wont be used all that long the travel cot cost me £20 more than the moses basket and stand would have and comes with a vibrating/rocking basinette, a little device with music nature sounds and lights, a canopy sunshade thing over the top with toys on and a changing table that attaches so i thought it was worth the money and will be able to be used until baby is 3.