Mosquito bites

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Okay - another medical question from me! Sorry!:blush:

We were at my parents for a BBQ last night (don't worry of you've read my other thread - there were only 10 of us and we've all had chicken pox!), and I've been eaten by mosquito's!

I have 2 on the back of my left hand, and 3 enormous ones - one on my elbow, one on the top of my knee, and one on the side of the same knee. The ones on my knee are stopping me bending my knee, and I'm limping! They are red, hot and swollen. They itch so much that I'm sitting here with one pj leg rolled up because I can't stand anything touching it!

I've put some Boots Bite and Sting relief cream on, but can't say it's giving me any relief. I'm off to Boots as soon as they open at 10am, so any suggestions for something to buy?

What's good?????

toothpaste :D best thing for a bite!

toothpaste :D best thing for a bite!

Really? I've never heard of that!

I've been Boots, and he's given me some anti-histamine (sp?) cream and allergy relief tablets. They're getting bigger, and the ones on my leg are massive hot red lumps about 5 inches across! They itch so much!:hissy:

:blush: This will sound weird. Put some of your spit on it.:blush: I always get big reactions to mosquito bites. The spit makes it not itch. Then put some Ice on it for the swelling.

Make sure the sting is out and Ice them ....

xxx

toothpaste taken the nip away :D my stepmum seems to attract mosquitos lol, n she does it alot, (looks a bit daft at teh time but helps!) it is also good for huge spots too!!!

and getting permanent marker off (slightly off topic)

maybe we should start a uses for toothpaste thread:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->