• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Most sensitive test? Never register before 8 weeks +

Damara

Reaction score
Can any of you ladies tell me the most sensitive test to buy in North America (Canadian)?

I've had 2 miscarriages since getting old - both around 7 weeks (one a bit before, one a couple days past) and never registered a BFP for either

I'm 3 days late for my like-clock-work 25 day cycle AF. My last cycle was weird & very light/short. Also no intimacy until only a few days ago between. pretty sure I'm 7w 3d if the weird AF was breakthrough / implantation. Body doing 90% of the pregnancy things it should and has for last 6 weeks.

I *NEED* to find a test that works for me. Need the ++ before I can hit up a doctor for blood test.

Suggestions? Anyone else have a really late positive?

Thanks in advance. Crazy train is moving at breakneck speeds here.

I am not in Canada or in the 35 plus group but First Response early result is the most sensitive test out there I believe. (SOMEONE can correct me if I am wrong). Did you get a blood test with the other two pregnancies to find out you were pregnant? Maybe the place you went to that confirmed those pregnancies would be willing to give you a blood test again? Doesn't hurt to ask right? Good luck and sorry about your previous losses!

I am not in Canada or in the 35 plus group but First Response early result is the most sensitive test out there I believe. (SOMEONE can correct me if I am wrong). Did you get a blood test with the other two pregnancies to find out you were pregnant? Maybe the place you went to that confirmed those pregnancies would be willing to give you a blood test again? Doesn't hurt to ask right? Good luck and sorry about your previous losses!

It was the m/c that confirmed what I already knew. There was no confusing them with a period. Lots of firm grey tissue, bled for nearly 2 weeks, saw my seedling each time, and it started with timeable contractions in the form of back labour (had with all 3 of my live births as well).

First Response is what I used this time but still showing negative even though my body is screaming positive. Worried this means another m/c is on the way

Dang! Can you request a blood test from a doctor?

I don't know. I'm in a new province and have no doctor here. I'm pretty old in the baby making years, but apparently my body disagrees and wants one more. Afraid that without a ++ urine test they won't even try a blood test due to my age.

It's all so frustrating.

I appreciate your responses, btw. Feeling pretty alone in this right now.

Sorry you are feeling lonely. I hope someone has better advice but it doesn't hurt to call and explain you would like a HCG quantitative test.

I actually found that the Walmart cheapies - first signal - aremore sensitive than FRER. I tested out a chemical pregnancy. The FRER went negative two days before the Walmart cheapies did.

I actually found that the Walmart cheapies - first signal - aremore sensitive than FRER. I tested out a chemical pregnancy. The FRER went negative two days before the Walmart cheapies did.

Wow. I did not know that. I've been using the FRER ones because "stats" but they're so expensive. I'll definitely give the WallyWorld ones a try.

Thanks!

I live in Canada and my doc wouldn't give me a blood test at 4 weeks along as he said urine should pick it up and it's less expensive for the health care system than a blood test. If you want a blood test go to the doc (I'm sure there are some walk in clinics in your area) and say you got a very faint positive and your like 9 dpo and want to confirm with blood.

Good luck! Frer is the most sensitive test that I'm aware of

I live in Canada and my doc wouldn't give me a blood test at 4 weeks along as he said urine should pick it up and it's less expensive for the health care system than a blood test. If you want a blood test go to the doc (I'm sure there are some walk in clinics in your area) and say you got a very faint positive and your like 9 dpo and want to confirm with blood.

Good luck! Frer is the most sensitive test that I'm aware of

Yeah. Beginning to think lying is my next option. Sucks that has to be the way.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it. ☺

Tested again. Still BFN.

*headdeskthud*repeat*

Feeling like I should give up. At some point I have to decide if I'm going to just go to a walk in clinic.

Things aren't normal that's for damn sure.
Today has been a day of nausea, heartburn (key indicator for me), mild cramps and twinges in my lower abdomen, perpetual backache, fog brain, breasts aching and repeated "let-down" sensations - and the constant lower back ache.

If I'm not pregnant I'm sure playing one.

Tired of testing negative. Tired of waiting for AF.

Make sure the clinic orders bloods for progesterone alongside HCG so they can be certain you did ovulate. Prolactin might also be good to check.

Make sure the clinic orders bloods for progesterone alongside HCG so they can be certain you did ovulate. Prolactin might also be good to check.

Time for me to get bossy I guess. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"