Mother in law is excited! My mom, not so much...

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
This is the part that is hard.
My mom and I are close. We talk every day. She has had to help us out of a lot of situations in the last year due to DH and I losing our jobs (simultaneously!) and falling behind. We are both back to work and catching up. Things are getting better and low and behold, we got pregnant!

My mom is just really worried about us and I know her heart is in the right place. I am just sad that she is not as excited as my mother in law is. My MIL is usually the one who gives us a hard time!

I feel like Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias right now.:nope:

I am sorry that your mom isn't as excited as you want her to be but I can understand why she might be a little nervous for you and your husband due to prior issues. I would just give it time. Once she realizes that you and your husband can handle this financially and are going to be just fine, she will probably get more happy for you. I would think that one she sees the baby, all of the excitement and joy will overcome her!! Best of luck to you and your husband.

You brought up the movie Steel Magnolias. I got our female name from that movie. If we have a girl, we are naming her Shelby.

I'm sorry hun, my mom wasnt excited at first but within a week she was bragging lol. My Mother In-law was over the moon happy but my mom it was the same thing she was just worried for me but now she talks to me about it all the time and is happy! It will get better, I still haven't told my dad he is only one I haven't told in my family because I know he wont be excited for me at first and its going to really hard because you want your parents to happy with you! If I give to much thought it brings me down but I know my parents will find so much joy in being grandparents they just have to experience it to believe it!

I'm in a similar situation. I am newly pregnant with #3 and while we haven't announced yet, my parents and my grandma are going to be angry and upset. They have felt this way about each of my other children and while they have each time come around and were excited by time it was 'go time', the initial few weeks are very difficult. Everyone else, his entire family, all of our friends, the rest of my family (siblings, other grandparents, entire extended family), will all be appropriately congratulatory.

My first I was about 25-30 weeks before they came around, in that case though I was 19, turned 20 during, and was so sick in the first trimester (and part of the second) that I ended up quitting my job and was very nearly ordered to bed rest. The second time was a planned pregnancy 5 years later, and this is another 3 years past that. I will be 30 years old by the time this baby is born, yet I am absolutely positive they will still be angry and react the same was as when I was 19.

I didn't tell my dad yet either. He will not be as understanding. He is also outspoken and I just don't want that stress right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"