mother inlaws!

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
hi guys, i am one of the unlucky ones who has a nightmare of a mil! i just know that she will be trying to interfere with the baby as she tries to with every thing else...if you let her! i am always nice and polite to her but she just dose not know when to stop and dose not think before she opens her mouth!!! is or has any one else been in this situation? how do i cope? thanks x

28+5

same here...dear its generation gap...we cant understand them and make them understand...but better not to allow her interfere in very polite manner...its toooooooooooo much difficult....but dont get harsh...if u feel no way to handle...just live separate then...:hugs:

my MIL was like this BUT luckily for me she hasnt been in contact since april when i told her to get out of my house when she stood in middle of lounge and admitted SHE was the 1 that rang social services on me!!!

(yes she rang social services stating that i had beaten up OH and the kids, i've never hit any of them! soical services dropped the case as the school/playschool/OH boss had no conerns!)

my MIL was like this BUT luckily for me she hasnt been in contact since april when i told her to get out of my house when she stood in middle of lounge and admitted SHE was the 1 that rang social services on me!!!

(yes she rang social services stating that i had beaten up OH and the kids, i've never hit any of them! soical services dropped the case as the school/playschool/OH boss had no conerns!)

Thats mental, is it just because she doesn't like you or was there another reason? Sorry to be nosy but what an interesting story!

I know what you mean , I have a difficult relationship with my MIL.. But over the last couple of years the way I have dealt with her is to only see her when I really have to so thats maybe 3-4 times a year . I also learned that being as blunt as possible with her works because thats the only way she listens . I know there is going to be some problems when baby comes along but there is no way on this earth that I am going to leave my baby with her , I dont want to be near here unless I have to so why put my child through that. I know that if I left baby with her she would not do what I ask her and give him all the things I dont want , smoke around him etc. So its not going to happen. Oh the joys of in laws lol

Madness !

My MIL currently has a warrent for her arrest on her head, lol. So luckily i've not seen much of her, but sometimes she sends me emails saying how shes so excited about the baby and how she'll baby-sit anytime.

She got her kids taken off her last year and she's not allowed to see them anymore - what makes her think she can babysit my child?! Lol. Especially since technically shes on the run at the moment. Silly woman.

Thats mental, is it just because she doesn't like you or was there another reason? Sorry to be nosy but what an interesting story!

i "stole her son!!!" on the day of the wedding she gave OH a choice go ahead and marry me or keep his family! well he married me an all they have done since is cause us hassle - but nothing as bad as the social services stunt.

i was always polite round there, got them birthday/xmas gifts, they treated my eldest the same as "proper" grandchildren even though he not OH's etc and they were always polite to my face but slagged me off behind my back. they looked after my eldest at short notice in the last couple of weeks b4 y mum died etc. so no idea what i really did wrong.

I pick and choose with my MIL. I have to be in a mood and she has to really be pushing for me to get huffy and firm with her, but I will do it if I have to. I treat her just like I would treat my mother when she is being ridiculous.
Hey, we're family...I have every right to tell her no or give my opinion, so long as I try not to be hurtful to her. I have had to get this way or else she would run me over with her bossy ways.

ugh i feel for you! i have the exact opposite problem my in laws could care less about us!

My MIL can be terrible... we were skint once and lee (dh) said to her i cant do such and such were skint and she turned to him and said well stop having kids... cheeky cow.!!!!!!!

My MIL is a pain too!! Dh and I have been married 2 years now and I pretty much avoid his family as much as possible. I am nice to them but they drive me crazy, luckily they do care about the kids which is helpful but they are very set in there own ways and for a long time MIL tried to force her opinions on me until I finally started telling her flat out NO thats not what I want for my children! She finally backed off alittle.. She didnt exactly do a good job raising any of her three kids so why would I want her advice on raising mine?? My mom is great with my sister-in-law though and brother-in-law she is always pleasant and willing to help them if they ever need to I wish my MIL was that way.

My Mil is a nut job!!!! My oh hasn't spoken to her for 3 yrs...shes a horrible person...I really don't like my inlaws much because they are a bunch of nuts but some like me now and we have no problems...they arent that close anyway and oh isn't very family oriented lol (with them) I've had problems with oh's 2 siblings because they are nut jobs..sil was sorry for punching me in the face once lol and she tries her best to be my BFF....she was a minor anyway at the time...so I have to be nice...but bil hates me because he is a spoiled/annoying/nagging/little princess...he is mental..and it is all Mils's fault why they are all mental...she was a HORRIBLE MOTHER...oh remembers mil slapping sil in the face while sil was in the high chair...when they used to get hurt she used to laugh...she used to beat them...she used to tell them to die...she used to put them down...she used to forget to pick them up from school...and left them there for hours in the school while she saw her a guy in the side or went shopping...she even tried to hit my oh with a hammer once in front of our daughter...and my oh and mil were wrestling...WITH THE BABY IN THE ROOM!!!! she used to give my baby pacifiers at 2 when I didn't want her to used them....and she used to give her bottles when it wasnt her time to have her bottle (its easier to give a child a bottle than to give them a meal...I guess) and she used to tell my baby girl to lie to me...plus she used to use expired creams on my daughter...when I TOLD HER NOT TO...it could've harm the baby...she would go though my bags...she would buy things for baby and hide them so when she had the baby (which she never really did ha ha ha) she used to say that she was going to kidnap the baby and move to another state (funny but that state is where her and her brother are building a house)...she used to butt in...and say how horrible parents we were WHAT????!!! her own kids either hate her or don't like her...
She hasn't really seen my daughter in years and the other day...we bump into her and she grabbed my baby girl..scaring her half to death...WHO DOES THAT???? She blames every one else...and she doesn't see it things...even if they are right in front of her face...she tries to manipulate things...she is just horrible...just like her mother...

oh and in labor and delivery all she spoke about was what if baby wasn't ohs...infront of my PARENTS...my father was hurt...and my mom wanted to punch her in the face...and she would've if I didn't tell her not to lol

Now I'm pregnant and moving somewhere she doesn't know where (we are living at the family multi house...she doesn't live here but she comes to see her only 2 kids that would speak to her...BIL and oh dont)

Let me stop because I'm getting hyped lol plus I cant really say too much because a lot of things are legal and very personal.

Blimey!! I'm SO lucky. My MIL is a total poppet and cant do enough for us, but from a distance and without interfering. She never imposes upon us, and is genuinely a lovely, lovely lady.

We went there for Sunday lunch recently, and she disappeared into her bedroom and reappeared with a "Living Heirloom" of a beautiful diamond and sapphire pendant and earrings which are for me for now (both her children are boys), and to be passed on to our LO when she is 21.

She does things that vaguely annoy me sometimes (like never listens to the end of a sentance....) but she's less irritating than my own mum (and my mum is lovely too).

Damn we are lucky!!!

I'm gutted for you ladies who have to deal with these She-Devil women. How AWFUL!!

xxx

my MIL is horrendous - 'stealing her son' seems to be an issue with some MIL's hey? she thinks she can tell us what to do all the time - she is controlling etc etc - she would give away my pets when we were younger and kinda lived with her for a bit she is mental and sooo erratic - its like she has a form of mild bi-polar or something!?! eurgh its gutting i wish i got on with her but she drinks heavily allows ppl to smoke in her flat (doesnt smoke herslef) so i would never ever leave bubs with her even tho i know she expects it - she lives in the same town as us and i have seen her 4 times in my preg - I am overdue btw!! These have been cos i have gone to her she has not been to our new house once (other than to have a quick nose) i reeeeally wish we could move far far away and cant wait until we do its awful.....

sometimes mil s cross all the limits:growlmad:....my mil had a wonderful life with her husband ,,,but now she is making fuss in our life for no reason....she gets mad when my husband says i have a very nice wife....and i felt she doesnt want love, affection and understanding between me and my dh....:growlmad::hugs:

My MIL can be terrible... we were skint once and lee (dh) said to her i cant do such and such were skint and she turned to him and said well stop having kids... cheeky cow.!!!!!!!

:shrug:whats this....:growlmad:

my mil...not once did she congratulate me or asked how the baby s doin.
all she says is well don t bring her to me until she can walk and talk and then she can come over on vacation.
all this knowin that she has a nanny for her grandchildren when they come over so she has absolutely nothing to do.
also, when she saw my sil touching my belly she was like ewww i don t know how u can do it, i d hate touching it.!!!!!!!!!!11
when everybody has given us gifts, she didn t get us anything! this is a millionaire am talking bout not just ur regular grandma.

even worse she told me, well u know when a woman gives birth she s btwn life and death! she got me so scared

why all the mil has thinking like this...every one has to marry to keep generation going on...infact she also married when she was young

they tend to forget that i think
my mil s mil was mean to her in the begining since she wasn t from the same high society as her husband but it s no reason for her to do the same to me. knowin i have a better background than her son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->