Mother N Law (Rant)

Miraclebaby01

Reaction score
Hi, Just wanted to rant on here as I am still fumming, we nipped to my mother n laws this morning with Ethan he is just 11 weeks old. Well after about 30 mins hubbies brother was messing about eating a cadburys chocolate fudge saying ooh bet you cant wait to eat this !! well hubbie turned round and told him to get it out of the baby face, well his mother didnt think i was listening and broke a piece off and tried to make him suck on the chocolate !!! :growlmad: Hubbie screamed NO NO Mother she replied "it wont harm him he will be fine" well I spun round and screamed at the top of my voice " NO TAKE IT OFF HIM NOW, TAKE IT AWAY FROM HIM AND GET IT OUT OF HIS MOUTH" HE IS ONLY 11 WEEKS OLD AND IS LACTOSE INTOLERANT AND ISNT EVEN WEANED" everyone stopped and she said but look at him licking his lips, i said he would do its sweet............:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: It never entered is mouth only rubbed on his wet lips..she said it never harmed her 3 kids I said you do what you want with your kids but not mine...she replied he should be on weetobix from 6 weeks I said what !! I dont think so, he will be weaned when he is ready and he isnt ready he is only on a 5-6 ozs every 5 hours and he doesnt guzzle his milk and when he starts doing that and wanting more and more milk I will wean him on fruit purres and baby rice/porridges not crap !!! and he wont be having chocolate at all..she walked off and went to do the dishes she never spoke to me after that. We got the baby packed up and left and when to his nans ( her mums) and told her she was livid !!!!! and told me i was in my right to say what i did. she said she will having words with her also. She is bang out of order.

Ethan is lactose intolerant @ the moment and has drops for his milk and suffers terrible with extreme colic i just cant understand her she is 57 years old as well !!!

Was i right with what I said? xxx Lindzi xxx

Hun, it's your baby!! I'd be furious if someone did that to my soon to be baby especially if they have specific dietary issues! Good for the nan telling her daughter she was wrong :)

:hugs: you are def in the right. You deserve a huge apology. Xx

Terrible! You were right to say what you did x

He is your baby. I know things have changed alot since our parents day but it astounds me. my MIL bought LO chocolate buttons for easter (he was 4 weeks old) and was upset i didn't feed them to him whilst she was there. FYI MIL i ate them. he is weaned now and i wouldn't dream of giving him chocolate even though he would love it.

It's not even that it's your baby... though of course it is, but is she an idiot? She surely must know that baby is lactose intolerant. I would piss not only for her going against your wishes, but for possibly causing harm to your baby's health.

i think your response to this idiot MIL is rather calm, id be throwing the sharpest knives in the kitchen at her hands so she couldnt do it again!
Not really the same thing but MIL used to always stand behind me when i was weaning DD and she would make her look away and giggle...after 3 times the purreed fruit end up on her head, that made DD laugh! so it just goes to show that when its your MIL nothing is too harsh! they wont hold a grudge for long because if they do they wont see there grandchildren. xx

You definitely did the right thing hun. Not only is your LO under the recommended weaning age but he is also lactose intolerant and that sort of thing could make him very ill. Good on you for standing up for you and your son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->