Mother of all tantrums!!

hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewan had the mother of all tantrums last night, and we actually managed to sort him out after about half and hour and neither of us resorted to smacking!
He has never been this bad before but he had got ALL his toys out of his toy box, so there was this huge pile in the corner, it was coming up to 7pm so i asked him to please put his toys back (i'd already tripped over some of them twice) Ewan turns round and shouts 'no i'm not putting my toys away' i ask twice more and get the same response so i shove him on the stairs for 3 mins, he gets up so i put him back on... pretty impressive crying session! eventually come in after time is up and daddy tells him to put his toys away then he can speak to granny on the phone, Ewan drops to the floors' No i wont put my toys away!!!' so OH sends him up to his bed room, crying all the way there, i also take his tigger comforter off him, and then come straight down and leave him there... afew minutes later we hear ' i want to put my toys away' through sobs, so i went up and said 'i if you come down you will help to put your toys away wont you?' and he sobbed yes, bless him he came down and he put his toys away, but refused to speak to granny:rofl: i was worn out after that!!

He is getting soooo stroppy at the moment, its hard, Tom and myself are trying to avoid smacking, so we will see how things carry on.
he is worse when we are out and about.
Have bought a book to read too
'How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk' a friend recommended it to me, will have a read but she is very in to elimination comunication, home schooling, homeopathy, and positive discipline, with out confrontation... all a bit OTT for me but would like to try different parenting.

Leigha has tantrums like this sometimes, but hers will last anywhere up to 2 hours...and im not exsaggerating (sp?) either. By the time she has calmed down i usually either burst into tears or am so wound up i do housework til early hours of the morning.
We dont smack her either, so its the naughty step, then bedroom, then toy taken from her, then loss of books. OMG we have to literally empty out her room sometimes for her to listen. And its all kicked off coz she doesnt wanna drink the drink ive made her or doesnt want to put her toys away.
Kids, ey?? Sometimes they are little buggers!
:hugs:

thank god Ewans only last about 20 mins or so, OH is finding it very hard to deal with after a long day at work.

I bet! Its definately hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->