Mothercare mirrors :(

eandc123

Reaction score
I went to mothercare yesterday to buy a swimming costume. I walked into the changing room to try it on and was greeted by bright flourescent tube lighting on a three way mirror. Needless to say when i took my clothes off it showed every single imperfection, wobble and stretchmark. I could have sat down and cried right there and then :( You would have thought that they would have put soft lighting in to make expectant mothers feel a little better about themselves. It just dragged up a load of body insecurities i thought i had let lie. Now i just feel crap. OH was so sweet reminding me it wasn't because i was sat in a corner eating pies! I was making a baby. I know i'll lose weight and the stretchmarks and swollen ankles will disappear but it was such a shock :(
I guess i just needed to come on here and get it out of my system. Thanks for listening girlies xx

Oh I know EXACTLY whay you mean! I went to Mothercare for a swimming costume at 15 weeks so I could start aquanatal classes the following week. I was traumatised to say the least and needless to say haven't got the cossie or gone to the class! Grrrrrr!!!!

I went to VS today for a swimsuit...omg...I almost cried. It was SO depressing, I hate the lighting! Even my husband says I look bad in it! haha

I asked OH today when getting dressing if I look "fat or pregnant". Being at the in between stage is no fun! I was at a maternity store a couple weeks ago and the dressing rooms were dark. I thought just the opposite, that I cant see the clothes I am trying on. I think any way you look at it, this is a hard time to buy clothing, especially swim suits. :hugs:

Bless you. I avoid mirrors when naked at the moment, i love my shape in clothes and love my bump but the other areas where I have piled on the weight depress me. come on mothercare sort it out!!

I wouldn't go in a 3 way mirror not pregnant! A model would look fat in harsh lighting & a three way mirror let alone a pregnant woman. Some stores just don't think! (& since Mothercare is a baby & mother shop, you'd like to think they knew this when designing the shop, unless it was a man who designed it! They never think!)

I find all shop mirrors horrendous ... not just at the moment. I do wish they would think about it and sort it out. The last thing any of us needs is to feel awful!

Thanks, you lovely people. It makes me feel better to know i'm not the only one. Bless our wibbles and wobbles and here is to the not-so-far-away future and our little bundles of joy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->