Mother's group *update*

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by MoonMuffin, Apr 5, 2009.

1. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

So I have finally found a mother's group in my area (joined the meet up group online) and have got the nerve up to go to one of the meet ups. It's this Tuesday in a cafe, I'm so nervous though, don't know any of them, I'm a bit shy and I'm a bit worried that they may not be accepting of me because of my age (I'm 19). Kathryn loves people though, she's a very friendly girl so I'll get over my nerves for her. I just don't want to deal with people's hang ups. I'm just being silly though, right?

***UPDATE***
    I went to the group today and it was lovely. Only 3 other moms showed up, but between us there were 5 LO's (one of the others has twins), they were very nice, and it was the first meet up, so we were all new which was nice, it wasn't like I was going to a group where everyone knew each other already (made me less nervous). Kathryn had so much fun watching the other little ones and babbling to the other moms. It was at a cafe, which one of the moms was part owner of, so we all got a great discount. Overall it was wonderful :happydance:

2. ALY

ALY spammy sexington

:hugs: hope u enjoy it hun x

3. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

it'll be fine, its great you have got the courage to go - i haven't quite got the courage to go to anything like that yet on my own - i'm sure you'll find mums from all ages and backgrounds and lets face it at these groups its all about the babies, they provide an excellent talking point thats common with everyone there and then you can branch out into other areas once you all get more familiar

4. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

Hope you have a fab time, make sure you come back n tell us the gossip!

Can i ask what's the meet up group online? Netmums? Thanks x

5. isil

isil Well-Known Member

It'll be fine! I have friends I've met through Mum's groups and I have no idea if they're 19 or 91 (well maybe I'd know if they were 91 lol but 31 or something y'know...), you've got a kid, you've got something in common!

6. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

You'll be fine it doesn't matter about ur age - i was worried about this being only 20 myself - But all u talk about is babies and compare stories!! Have a great time!! Its so useful to have 'mummy friends' so u no ur not goingthrough it all on ur own!!!

7. alloyd519

alloyd519 Mom of Twins & TTC #3

I'm sure you'll be fine but i'm just like you, there's a playgroup I wanna take the girls to but am worried since i'm only 19 as well and don't wanna be looked down upon from older moms! But you've given me some courage so I think i'll call tomorrow! :)

8. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

http://www.meetup.com/
    THey have all sorts of meet up groups. I found quite a few mothers groups/playgroups, also found a scrapbooking group 15 min away from me! The next meeting is @ 6pm through the night (scraping marathon) so not possible for me to go since I have Kathryn to think about and DH has work then :dohh:

9. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Aw good, you should! I'm mostly worried cause we live in a rich area (we certainly aren't, live with DH's mom) so I'm worried that they'll be snooty or something. Silly I know :dohh:
    and as said they all have LO's so you'll have something to talk about, and if it's not going well you can use your girls as an excuse to leave.

10. keelykat

keelykat Guest

I hope you have a fab time! i've only found one group i like so far! and that's at a local church, but it's so down to earth i feel more relaxed there.

keely.