"Mothers Instinct" gender!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Marchbaby1, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Marchbaby1

Marchbaby1 Active Member

Just wondering for those of you who have found out your baby's gender...did you have a strong "instinct" and was it right??
    We have our anatomy ultrasound on Thursday (so excited!) and we will be finding out the gender...I have a strong feeling (dreams, etc.) that its a girl and will be really surprised if its a boy (although equally as happy, we don't have a preference as it's our first). I don't really have a reason why I think it's a girl I've just had a "feeling" since about 12 weeks!
    Thanks! :)

2. amjon

amjon Guest

I knew it was a girl from the beginning. What's funny is OH and I never even discussed boy names. :)

3. rhdr9193..x

rhdr9193..x Oliver's mummy :D

I have a feeling im having a boy and have done since day one. Gender scan is on te 23rd so not too long to wait now x

4. Ariela1975

Ariela1975 Well-Known Member

I've had a strong feeling this is a girl. I find out on the 16th!

5. capegirl7

capegirl7 Mom & Pregnant w/ # 2 :)

When I first got my BFP I thought boy all the way until 12 weeks. Then after my 12 week scan I had all girl dreams and was CONVINCED it was a girl. Found out that we are indeed expecting a baby girl :)

6. Jlh05

Jlh05 Mum to Pollyanna

It was right for me, had a very strong instinct from the start, even did called her, she etc xD but didn't mind if it was boy, so last week found out I was having a girl, very pleased, good luck for Thursday :)

7. Akinesia

Akinesia Well-Known Member

My instinct was wrong... I felt since looking at my first ultrasound that I was looking at my baby daughter... turned out he's my son. I found out last week :)

8. Futuremommy1

Futuremommy1 Mommy to a lil girl

Mine was right...I knew from the moment we got pg

9. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

I knew mine was a boy. From the day I found out I was pregnant :)

10. mrsthomas623

mrsthomas623 MommyToNolanAndPregnant!

I knew both of them were boys, no question- but then again, there are only boys on DH's side of the family. :haha:

11. Maybe1daysoon

Maybe1daysoon Well-Known Member

100% knew it was a boy... couldnt even think of a decent girl name.

12. veganmama

veganmama Well-Known Member

i thought from the very beginning it was a girl, had dreams of it being a girl, set a name in stone for a girl and not a boy AND even bought a girl outfit before knowing the gender just out of instinct and it turned out to be a boy...well according to the ultrasound lady which even though she said 99% boy, you can never know until the baby is born. i love my boy though it just was a bit of a surprise lol

13. NC_Sarah

NC_Sarah Well-Known Member

I feel like this one is a girl and I find out on Friday :) I was right about my son so we'll see about this one. We should all come back and update this thread after we find out to confirm :)

14. China girl

China girl Camryn

Well, I knew I was having a girl, when I didn't get morning sickness in the first tri like I did with my boys. I also carried both of my boys high and this baby is low. And I just knew...this is my last and why not end it with a girl:haha:

Good luck on Thursday :hugs:

15. Mommy626

Mommy626 Well-Known Member

At first I didn't have any clue about it, until about week 8 when I started to strongly feel it was a girl. By the time I had a gender scan at 16 weeks I just felt like it was going to be a girl, I would have been very surprised if it hadn't been! I had dreams about it being a girl and everything. And we honestly didn't care either way. When I found out it was a girl the first thing I said was "I was right!"

16. Jaylynne

Jaylynne Well-Known Member

I originally wanted a girl but from about 8 weeks on, I kept having boy dreams and really believed I was having a boy! DH laughed at me and said we should probably buy girl clothes then. At our ultrasound on Friday, it was obviously BOY! I shouted I was right as well mommy626!

17. needspatience

needspatience Well-Known Member

Just about everyone including us had a strong feeling it was a boy. We found out last Monday that it, in fact, was a boy!

18. plastic

plastic Mother of 1 (Expecting)

100% knew I was having a girl with my first, and I knew from about 12 weeks that this little monster was a boy and sure enough he is packing between the legs :p its bizarre there's nothing in particular that makes you go yup I'm having a boy or girl you just know

19. larudy13

larudy13 Guest

Okay this sounds crazy but I really had no clue what this baby was going to be, but my subconcious did lol. I picked out a girls name the day I found out I was pregnant, and even though I tried and tried I could not figure out a good boy's name. Its a girl hehe :D

20. DollPosse

DollPosse Well-Known Member

At first I thought a boy, but then I changed my mind to girl. I knew with my daughter I was 90% she was a girl. I was so sure before finding out I bought all girl stuff. It just never occurred to me not to because I was so sure. Now I feel the same way. I have gone out and bought girl stuff because I feel that I am 90% sure I am having a girl. I did buy two boys outfits that could be seen as neutral. My crib bedding and so on is more a neutral style, but the clothes are girly. lol
    I thought I wanted to go neutral but the more pregnant I become the more sure I feel that I am having another girl. With my daughter my husband and I could never think of any boys names. When looking for clothes we were never attracted to boys clothes. It has been the same this time too. I walk into a store and go straight for the girl clothes by instinct. We cannot come up with any boy names either.