Mothers Intuition ?

T

TeddysGirl

Been so weird !

For the past few days I've been referring to my baby as a she.

I don't particularly think it's a she but whenever I talk about it, I always say she !

Anyone else been doing this ?

If you've done this with previous pregnancies, were you accurate ?

yep I've been doing that. also saying she, pretty much everyone that know i'm pregnant has said she,
my eldest whos 2 said the other day baby girl rubbing my belly as he said it. be interesting to see if this is a girl, i'm predicted a girl on the gender prediction thing on countdown my pregnancy

My chinese predictor says boy. Wondering how far along people are before they do the old wives tales gender tests (e.g. red cabbage etc) because I can't wait to try them !

I did the wedding ring one a few weeks before my 20 week scan with my second and it was right. haven't tried any of the others, might do with this one though

I knew with all of mine. With my daughter we didn't find our but I just knew she was a girl and with both of my boys I knew and told my husband just before the sexing scan. He thought our youngest would be a girl but I was right again. I think we're having another girl. In fact I'm pretty positive but will wait till the birth to know for sure :)

Yep I said boy boy boy all the way to my 20 week scan. Girl.
Ha :haha:

I called my daughter "he" until my scan proved otherwise :haha:

I knew I was pregnant and having a boy before I took the test! My 2 pregnancies that Ive lost I was convinced were girls so Im not convinced I cant carry girls x

I thought my DD was definitely a boy. But nope, very much a girl

I was convinced number 1 was a boy. When the nurse said "it's a girl" my response was "are you sure?!" Haha.

I have no inclination either way with this one. If I do get a feeling, then I'll be pretty sure baby will actually be the opposite! 😀

I knew with my boys i could feel it, from about 4-5 weeks i just knew, but with my girl i didnt know what she was, i think i was too worried to think she was a girl incase she wasnt and i didnt want to be dissapointed if i was wrong (i really dont think i would have been dissapointed at all but just incase) but as i say i just knew with my boys so i think i knew deep down she was a girl because it just didnt feel the same as with my boys

I was utterly convinced I was having a boy. 9th pregnancy so I was 100% sure I could trust my maternal instincts. Even told everyone I was certain it was a boy. But nope. A lovely pink suprise at our gender scan. Best surprise ever :)

I was certain mine was a boy and he is :D x

Nope I always just said it or baby until i knew the sex. (with my second i didn't)
But i am rubbish at guessing Lol.

I say 50/50 on gender but mothers always right nearer the end if you have a hunch that something isnt right.

I knew my first was a boy from the start. Never doubted it. And I was right. This time I think girl... But I'm not as sure as I was with him. Only time will tell! Xxx

I keep thinking it's a girl and referring to 'it' as she, however I am probably going to look a fool at scan if it is a boy ><
Even the baby board on pinterest is full of girls things :p

I was right with both of mine. At 11/12 weeks with my first it hit me that it was a girl (I had been trying to tell myself it was a boy) but I knew at that moment it was a girl. Started to look at girl clothes to try to ease into it. My mom even said it was a girl. 20 week scan and yep girl.

This go around from 6 weeks I knew it was a boy (though I was trying the hardest to tell myself it COULD be another girl (I had Gender disappointment with my first so was so afraid of having it again)). My dad even at 6 weeks was playing with our daughter and said you're going to have a baby brother. No matter what I did or tried to think I knew it was a boy. 19 week scan confirmed that we're having a boy.

Any idea how far along you're supposed to be before you do all the old wives tales tests like red cabbage, bleach etc ? I know they're not accurate but would be fun to do !

Both times I've been pregnant I have been totally 100% sure and then been totally 100% surprised at the gender scans. It's a good thing we're going to be team yellow when we get pregnant, as it will stop me from trying to guess the gender so much.

I'm not sure I believe in mother's intuition, but odds are quite good for guessing correctly :haha: except me, who seems to always guess the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"