Mothers with kids and have ms

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
My ms has kicked in. It's not bad. Just more on the nauseous side in the evening. Afraid when it gets worse, how am I going to go when keeping a toddler well fed, changed and occupied all day.

Aghh how do you do it?! Lol

Edit: my OH works away and is never home. He's away for 2 weeks, then comes home for 2 weeks and so on.. So he's not going to be home to help most of the time.

For me we had so easy food for a while and a lot of cuddle time and watching films which your lo might be a bit young for.
I actually found fresh air helped, and eating little and often, if I got hungry I'd get nauseous.
I actually think I'd have found parts of this pregnancy easier if ds had been younger and still napping as he isn't at nursery/preschool yet.
Xx

My daughter is 22 months and I've found it really hard. As the PP said, we have had lots of easy meals and have spent a lot of time snuggling up on the couch watching Disney. I've also found that eating something small and often helps keep it at bay.

Unfortunately my house work has taken a bit of a back seat... I've got mountains of washing and ironing to do which just isn't going to happen yet. Xxx

We have a basket in the fridge that I stocked up with healthy snacks and mini water bottles/juice boxes that she get stuff from. She brings it to me and I open it for her. I've never felt so useless as a parent in my whole life. All of my will to function goes into being at work during the day. Her evenings have been pretty boring. Poor kid.

I've had morning sickness in all my pregnancies apart from this one. I would do lots of duvet and DVD days with my kids and tried to sleep whenever the youngest had a nap which helped as tiredness made my sickness worse. Always had snacks to hand and didn't really venture out of the house unless I had to (school runs).

It's hard but you do find a way to cope with it x

Easy food, rest when you can, loads of TV/films and no guilt! X ignore the housework!

We set up a play station next to my sick couch. I have a bin with toys, snacks and crayons and such I can give him to entertain him. We do a lot of snuggle time and he watches a lot of iPad, which I don't love but it is working. He's in daycare during the weekday which allows him to work out energy I can't help him with. I put snacks in reach and popcicles and such. It tough, but manageable. If i can do it puking 20+ times a day and on an IV pole, it is manageable. Its hard though.

Television! I normally feel guilty for letting DD watch more than an hour or so a day. But at the moment i don't think twice about it. I tell myself (and her) that this extra tv watching is temporary because mommy is sick. Of course tv may not be an option if your child is too young to be interested. Mine is 4 years old and she's in heaven right now. Thankfully she goes to daycare during the week, but this is how i've been getting through week-ends (hubby works all of the time).

Stalking...already feeling ms creeping in....had it terribly last pregnancy. I'm nervous about it with an eight month old.

I have no friends or family to help out. I seriously have to lay on the lounge all day I'm so ill and just pass the children biscuits and give them the shittest meals all day like toast. They also spend most of the day glued to the TV because I'm too unwell to care for them

It's reassuring its not just me! A few weeks of TV won't kill them! I also have no family/friends to help (and I've not told anyone) and I work full time so I rely on my hubby as when I get home I can't do much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->