Mouldy washing machine

missVN

Reaction score
We've been given a washing machine, it's only 4 years old and works great but it's mouldy :sick:
I've taken the powder drawer out and given it a good scrub but I'm struggling to get where the drawer sits clean and also all inside the door seal is slimy :sick:
Any tips for getting it clean? Is there anything else I can put in a wash? Was thinking about running it on the hottest cycle and then seeing if it's easier to get clean :shrug:

I would scrub all the bits that can be reached, then put it on a hot cycle with bleach (no clothes :lol:) Other than that I don't know sorry...

throw a dish washing tab in the washer and let it do a cycle cleans the system and prolongs the life of the machine
leave the door open at night to let the machine dry

If it's a front loader this is a common problem with them, you need to make sure the doors of it stay open at all time, they also sell specific cleaner for these to do a monthly clean up on it. Not sure what it's called tho.

I think Tide sells a specific cleaner just for cleaning the washing machine. Ours is only about 6 months old and everyonce in awhile I'll find a little mold on the seal and I'll just clean it off before it gets too bad.

That happened to mine ! i cleaned the slimy bit with vinegar, and put on a couple of empty cycles using washing powder. I searched online and it said to only use powder, not the liquid and to occasionally run a hot cycle. Not been a problem since

Wash it on a hot cycle with a washing tablet in it. You need to run a warmer/hot wash about once a month (60 degrees, I wash my bed clothes at this temp always) and always keep the door open when the machine is not being used so the inside can dry out

Thanks for the replies everyone, been out today and bought rubber gloves, a toothbrush and a bleach cleaner spray. Going to attack it after I've had tea!
ive read online that its advised to run a hot wash with bio powder once a month and to leave the door and drawer open as much as possible.

I leave my door open all the time and it still gone mouldy :sick: and its only 10 months old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->