Mouldy Wipes - A sorry from Boots! (added a pic)

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Not sure £15 covers a sorry for mouldy wipes do you?!

I'm not impressed ....refund for wipes the letter says! I bought 6 packs on that order you see.

Would you be amused?

I'm still waiting on the packaging to send them in to her ...Im thinking of sending an unimpressed letter with them! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• mouldy.jpg
    mouldy.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 159
Do it, thats rediculous that they think 15 covers it!

i would not except that, surely they should be more than that you used their mouldy wipes on your new born baby, thats its bang out of orde oh my god i would go mental

i would really stress how bad that was, they may give u something else but a better apology should definitely be expected

Lou
xxx

omg would not be impressed! my mam bought a green mouldy apple pie from a bakers and she ate a bit before she realised! she took it back and they gave her a whole £2!!! not acceptable x

I would say that you have a letter to watchdog or office of fair trading... or something along them lines!!

Normally gets companys to cough more up.... its not worth the bad press that the mouldy wipes could give them x

Its one of those situations where money doesn't cover it but at the same time make you think are they too big to care for their customers that £15 is an acceptable apology. So how do you say this without it looking like its purely a money maker/want?

x

i would go down the route of saying that you are a valued customer of boots and you were very shocked at what has happened with there service and nor how they have treated the matter... just lay it on thick!!

Haha, all the money they make too. It's disgraceful. I would be embarrassed!

I'm waiting for the packaging so I might take a pic in a minute and show you what they are like!!

Added pic to first post - mouldy wipes BLERGH!

Eerrrrrrgh :sick:

I think i would stress the fact that Megan was barely a week old when the wipes were opened and goodness know what could of been passed on to her. And from a hygeine related product you certainely dont expect to find mould growing on them.

Did you use any of them on Megan before she went into hospital? Mould is known to cause chest infections etc in babies and children

I wouldn't be impressed with that either, that's disgusting

Did you use any of them on Megan before she went into hospital? Mould is known to cause chest infections etc in babies and children
YES!!!!!!!!!
Not this exact packet this one was obvious - first few were fine pull a few out and got that!

Thanks for that info! x

There were no obvious spots on the pack we used ....there appears to be just one with the marks the others one smells ok one smells offish ...same batch number.

Surely it wouldn't have?! Would have used one very lightly each nappy change from home time until hospital the next afternoon!

I'm gonna have to ask about that because the infection couldn't be pinpointed from where type thing but they thought probbaly before she even left the hospital mind ...

I seriously hope it didnt have anything to do with Megans chest infection :hissy:

YES!!!!!!!!!
Not this exact packet this one was obvious - first few were fine pull a few out and got that!

Thanks for that info! x
No problem!

If they were in the same pack the mould spores will most definately be in the other wipes, even if it appeared fine and it could be the same for any other wipes in the same batch.

Anyway, if its thought they did cause it you will be able to sue them under the tort of negligence causing physical harm.

x

Even if it was unlikely to have caused any infection to Megan. I wouldn't be letting boots know that. Get them told! And if it did cause Megan's infection, that's bloody disgusting, i hadn't even thought about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->