Movements - anterior placenta

Sharpy

Mammy to be!
Reaction score
I have an anterior placenta according to my notes from my 20 week scan! I started feeling flutterings at 16 weeks and now tickles but no real movements at all - I know at 21 weeks many people don't feel movements but I am getting frustrated! It is normal to feel movements a lot later with an anterior placenta isn't it?

Any girls with anterior placentas? When did you first feel very definate movements?

xxx

I had one in a past pregnancy and didn't even feel the tickles till about 21wks so I'd be pleased about that. Once I did feel them though it never seemed to stop kicking:rofl:

Baby is still quite small yet so be patient....it'll get stronger soon:hugs:

I had one in a past pregnancy and didn't even feel the tickles till about 21wks so I'd be pleased about that. Once I did feel them though it never seemed to stop kicking:rofl:

Thanks hun! I have no patience....
:hug:

I have one and i didnt really have visible kicks until 21/22 weeks .. now im getting some mental kicks and prods so i think maybe its just early on when the baby is smaller that it kinda cushions the kicks

Thanks hun! I have no patience....
:hug:

:rofl:...you sound like me:blush:

I had one and didnt really feel prober kicks untill about 5 weeks ago, i felt faint flutters and movements but not kicks up untill then

I have an anterior placenta too. I knew it on Monday. I went and had a scan because I was worried I couldn't feel any movements of the baby and I was already 25 weeks and 3 days. The doctor said at this stage the baby is still small and the placenta is like a cushion. But since thursday, I could feel the baby moving not kicks but it's definitely moving especially at night when I am still. Do not worry every women is different. :)

i also have an anterior placenta, and i havent felt ANYTHING yet, thought i felt flutters at 16 weeks, but nothing since!!

I've got an anterior placenta and I felt definate kicks at around 18/19 weeks. My baby is very active though so I wouldn't worry. x

I have one too and just feel little pokes and prods. No proper hard kicks yet and I'm nearly 24 weeks. I've felt the pokes around 20-21 weeks. Hang in there.

I'm gonna sounds really silly now but what is an anterior placenta? :blush:

An anterior placenta is when the placenta is positioned at the front of the uterus, therefore making movement/kicks difficult to feel, or it takes longer than others to feel strong kicks since it acts like a cushion.

I have an anterior placenta, started to feel flutterings at around 14 weeks for a couple fo weeks and then nothing. I started to feel proper kicks just after my 20 week scan last Wednesday and my hubby felt a kick on Thursday!

I haven't been feeling as many kicks/as strong kicks as with my first pregnancy though.

Hi Sharpy!

I have an anterior placenta as well and I didn't feel proper kicks until about 23 weeks (I had felt on and off 'fluttering' as well) and even then, there were days when I only felt some slight movements (leading me to check on baby using my doppler!), this was possibly due to the position of the baby behind the placenta. I only started getting regular kicks and movements after about 26 weeks.

When the baby is much bigger - over 30 weeks, you can feel the kicks much more strongly, even with an anterior placenta. Try not to worry and if you are concerned, possibly invest in a doppler, so on days when you are worried, you can check on your baby's heartbeat. Hopefully, that will reassure you.

xxx

Mine is anterior and the first kicks I felt were at about 19 weeks but with an anterior placenta the kicks can be cushioned so you might not feel them. I wouldn't worry. The sonographer described my LOs feet as 'duck feet' so maybe I can feel more :rofl:

i've just looked at my notes and apparently my placenta is anterior too. I felt this one moving about from about 15 weeks but only just recently last week or so started feeling the kicks xx

Yep ive got one and i had flutters early but kicks about 22 weeks ish. Ive always had most of my movements low down though so more punches than kicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->