moving an armchair...

jenny82

Reaction score
yay or nay??

I need to get it out of this house NOW. Its doing my head in - its dirty and covered in dog hair. I've been waiting weeks on OH but he's just frickin useless at helping me with anything at the minute and I've had enough :/

Its not that heavy - I can drag it out to the car and if I get it into the car, the fella at the dump can help me get it back out again...

DOn't want to do myself damage, but at the same time, I need my sanity too...

No no no!! Honey dont - just nag your hubby harder!! xx

dont do it if you do and you hurt yourself then your oh will say you should have asked him lol
when he gets home ask him to move it again

Chop it up into little pieces in the living room and carry out the pieces. They are LIGHTER. :)

Common sense prevailed there over my annoyance - I suppose thats a good thing :/

OH is just so useless at the minute. Our house is just disgusting - I can't keep anything clean and he just doesn't realise that its important. When I try to tell him, he makes me feel bad by saying that he hoovers/does dishes etc - but once a fortnight isn't the same when I do them every day!!!!

He was off all day yesterday whilst I was trying to study. He made me dinner but didn't clear up after himself, took the dog out for a walk for about 5 minutes - when I usually have him out for an hour. I'm sick of picking his tshirts up off the floor. My exam was sooooo shit and I come home to a filthy house again :(

I can't do this when theres a baby here - I just can't :(

:hugs: men can be messy gits at times cant they! Know how you feel so i am just too tired to do housework at the moment, and blokes dont have the same standards as us women do they :haha: xx

NAY NAY NAY!!!!

Ask a a couple neighbours for some help if you know them. Then you can lay the guilt on OH as its his job really. :haha:

I've put it back in its place and OH is getting rid of it himself after work.

I have just had enough of this house. No matter how hard I try to keep it in order, I fail :( I hate this house..

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I know what you mean about house work. DH has gotten better since I am pregnant though. But still he has the same mentality as your hubby sometimes when it comes to chores. I usually have to ask him to get things done instead of him doing things on his own.

I really think its a cultural guy thing though.

My DH's his mom did everything for him and his siblings. She was a house mommie. Well, I work 40 hours a week, then I get home and still do house chores. It's a second job. Sometimes men I think can take that for granted.

don't move it!

we moved into this apt while we are in the buying a house phase, and i didn't do anything except point to where boxes go. well... i ended up having to tetris some things together a few days later and spotted.

needless to say i haven't done JACK since and neither should you! ;)

I had exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. Hated our flat - it felt like it didnt matter what I did it was untidy and cluttered etc (could this be one more *wonderful" pregnancy symptom? - part of the "nesting" maybe?). We moved the furniture round - gave the place a top to bottom spring clean, and the new layout of the furniture has calmed me down and I love our flat again, not to mention that moving all the furniture around means that it gave us chance to hoover and clean in all the places we cant usually get to. It feels all fresh and clean, and we both feel motivated to put things away and keep it nice and clean and tidy (obviously with a little nagging involved - but not as much as usual!!).

Just an idea - it REALLY got me out of the home-duldrums.

Big hugs :hugs:

We just did up the whole living room - new sofa, new bookcases etc and it looked ok for a while but now it just looks like shit. I am sick of living in shit!

Dog doesn't help - the floor just attracts his bloody fur!

I was actually considering just moving to my mums house earlier :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"