moving baby into own room????

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tootyfruity, Jun 6, 2011.

1. tootyfruity

tootyfruity Well-Known Member

When we had our antenatal classes the midwives said that the advise now is to keep LO in your room at night until 6 months as it will reduce the risk of SID! Our LO is nearly growing out of the moses basket and the cot won't fit in our room so I asked my mum if we could borrow the travel cot for a few months, she thinks is stupid advise and said just move Lo into his room.
    I have never left LO to nap in a different room as this was also advised and I don't want to ignore the advise but it seems like a lot of people move their Lo into their own room before this time, Is this the case? if so were you nervous doing it?

2. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

we moved her at 3 months. I was a little nervous, but it was a really easy transition since she was so young. I am a light sleeper and wake up when she makes a noise, even without a monitor :)

3. Rosie06

Rosie06 Mum and pregnant

lo as exactlyu the same outgrew moses basket was a bit nervous moving her into her own room as she was 9 1/2weeks but she has slept far better and longer than she did in moses basket, i did however at about 7weeks because i knew she wouldnt be in the moses basket for much longer start to put her down for naps in there to get her used to it, the first night she woke at 3,4,5 & 6 a bit unsettled but after that shes been sleeping 7.15 till 6.30

4. MissPiggy

MissPiggy Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep

KAyson outgrew the moses basket, we have a cotbed and it was way to big for our room, he went in his own room at 12weeks...and yeah it was nerve wracking but he slept better than ever xxx

5. tootyfruity

tootyfruity Well-Known Member

yeah might try and put him down for naps in his cot, get us both a bit used to it xx

6. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I moved my LO at 4 weeks & 5 days. She's slept better for it, and so have I!

7. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

We tried LO in her room for naps at first, then full nights from about 12w although we still co sleep sometimes.
    I guess the SIDS thing is incase they go under the blankets, but try a sleeping bag or swaddle.