moving house

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Vickie, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

with a baby?

Hannah is extremely shy in new situations and tends to be very very clingy if we go anywhere that's new to her (won't even let us set her down most times). How can we make this transition easier for her??

2. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

Hmm... I wish I had advice for you.

I just really hope someone has a suggestion so that she does well!

3. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

i'm not sure but wanted to wish you the best in your move and your new house.

i'm sure that being there for her with lots of cuddles and reassurance will do wonders to help her know that you are there for her and that her new home is great

4. emma_27

emma_27 Well-Known Member

We moved house when Benn was 11 months. I left everybody to the move and i didnt get here until 8pm and Benn was asleep so he didnt know he was here cus i just popped him in his cot. The next day he was really freaked out and took me a while to get him to go to sleep but as soon as we emptied the boxes and got all of our things out and sorted he adapted straight away like we hadnt even moved. He as a very clingy baby and hated being at other ppls houses but he was fine. I hope Hannah adapts well for you. Im sure she'll be fine after a few days.

5. luckyme225

luckyme225 Well-Known Member

We moved into our house when Connor was about six months and I think he took it pretty well. I got out of moving/unpacking things for the most part so that Connor would have someone to tend to him. I think he was somewhat comfortable by the end of the night because our living room looked similar to our old one once we had our couch, TV and tables all set up. Good luck on your move!