Moving house

Jenni1991

Tara Jaydes Mummy (:
Reaction score
I'm currently living in a two bedroom flat with the concil and we have been nominated for a house . Brilliant news i know getting it so soon, it's not a definate yes yet but if we do get it we'll be moving around the 20th January , i'm due the 30th January! I'm really worried now what if we get it and i go into labour while moving ! Was so happy about it untill i found out the date x sorry for the rant

Yay!!! So happy for you getting a house hun! Wouldn't worry about the moving bit too much, just get loads of help in! My sis moved house 3 days before her due date, she was lifting furniture and everything (hoping to go into labour) but it did nothing! Would council be able to move you a week early due to the circumstances? Or is it possible to move gradually and only move in when lo arrives? Then the 3 of you could all move in together. If the council down there are anything like up here then the date will change 10 times anyway!!! Probably be moving in March or something. Try not to stress hun, this is good news! x

I moved when I was 38 weeks, 2 weeks ago. To be honest it was fine as people won't let you do anything so all I did was make tea! We were lucky in that we had loads of people to help us, so try to get as much help as you can, but it will be great to be in your new place before the baby arrives!

I moved at 30 weeks (I know it won't be the same) but it was fine. My OHs mates did all the heavy lifting etc, and me and a few girlies stayed inside and made the bed, I told them where boxes needed to be.

I think the only difficult thing for you might be unpacking....we did it very slowly, but I'm sure if you had enough people helping they could do a lot of it on moving in day.

Well dates would normally change but knowing my luck it won't ... I'm a right perfectionist tho so the idea off my OH and his dad moving my stuff and it not being perfect will kill me his family have decided his auntie will take me shopping so i don't do any work if we do get it. That will kill me more at least if i'm there i can tell then where to put it. Hopefully they'll fall behind and i can help and leave the baby with his auntie or something like that so i can have my perfect home. X

I'm sure it will be perfect hun! Don't think I could go shopping and leave them to it either! I'd rather 'supervise'! Will you really feel like shopping? Probably not! Fingers crossed you get it and everything is just how you want it! xxx

You'll def wanna be there to supervise!! I made them move the furniture in the living room about 6 times!

You will be able to do thongs like set up the kitchen!! I was sorting mine out all day, just loading the cupboards and making tea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->