moving less...?

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi all. my little one seems to be moving less, when she does move she bloody well moves and kicks me so I can see my tummy move, but i can go hours without feeling a thing.

Then I look out my window and see one lonely magpie fly past and think shiiit.....
so doppler comes out and there she is ''thudthud thudthud'' and even kicks to the doppler. Maybe she is in more of a sleeping routine now, i keep telling myself that she is facing my back and thats why I cant always feel her.

My tum goes hard sometimes as shes sliding round and changing position so I know she is ok in there.. its just a little scary and i always think the worst. I know if I called midwfe she would start doing the wiggley woo straight away, so i wont bother unless i dont feel her for a while. anyone else?
:hug::hissy:

I think around this time they start to get in a routine and the "feel" of the actual movements completely changes, i get what you mean hun, remember theyre busy growing away in there, i have one or two quiet days then all of a sudden she goes mental for hours lol

As long as your still feeling movement regularly i wouldnt worry too much!!

yep exactly the same here hun!! I wake up in the night though to her booting me

mine has started being quiet for longer but then when she does move she really bloody moves lol, and for longer too, i agree theyre just finding a routine so i wouldnt be too worried

lmao at the magpies, i was convinced i was having a girl after seeing three magpies sat outside my window, had been convinced she was a boy up till then, glad im not the only one :p

Thinking much the same myself but I am assuming there isnt as much room for it to do cart wheels down there. Long as you feel it move its ok, sometimes you may not even feel it move but it is as on my scan i could see baby lifting arms and legs but didnt feel it. Good to keep an eye on and I know that it doesnt make you crap yoursself any less because i get nervous to.

My Lo used to do exactly the same.

My mw's op tip, was to drink two cold glasses of water and sit/lay somewhere in complete silence for a good 30 minutes and you'll be amazed at how much you do feel them move when you are laying there thinking about it x x

yeh thats true aswell, i dont feel nothing when im walking around and stuff then when i think, oh shit i havent felt baby move in a while, i focus on trying to feel something and i almost always feel something within seconds...i think maybe u get more used to it as u get further along and so dont really notice it as much

I was the same at that stage, think the fact baby still has plenty of room to move you don't feel it all the time, as she gets bigger you'll feel her move alot more regularly

my lo is the same he scares the ife out of me every morning, i dont feel him all night and theres never anything when i wake up, he wakes at about 10 30 and kicks me on and off all day til the evening when he goes mad, it is scary when you dont feel them for a while my doppler is my best friend in the mornings lol

Pip seems to have sleepy periods too, to be honest he's most lively just after I've had osmething to eat - that's always guaranteed to wake him up! I started to worry that he wasn't moving enough and so kept count according to some info in 'What to Expect when you're Expecting', according to that you should take a 12 hour period of the day eg. 9am - 9pm and count every time you feel your baby move, stop once it get's to ten. If it's more than 10 movements in that period you're ok, if it's less than that you might want to monitor it. But this is only supposed to be from 28 weeks so don't panic too much if movement isn't so regular before then!

Sorry - that sounds rather confusing doesn't it! I think my brain's turning to mush for the day

I'm still in early stages so dnt know enough to comment much, but i get the exact feeling u get the pressure building up then WHAM baby is sticking out really rock hard lol, feel flutters and the odd kick/poppings but dnt know the movements yet, as you prob read mine hid today when i rly needed him/her to be around and since coming back its been so active. lol Hopefully it means yours loves her sleep and will be a nice quiet bubba for you when it arrives :) we can only hope lol xxx

Amy says she wishes she had your 'problem'. Poor mummy isnt getting much sleep as the little monkey is just on the go all the time. She was awake from 3-6 this morning - pattern went; 5 minutes thud thud thud, 5 minutes rest, 5 minutes thud thud thud, and so on. I'm shocked at how active she is. MW says its nothing to worry about and that some babies are just on the go all the time. It doesnt bode well for when baby is born though muhahahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->