Moving off CMPA formula

Smiler82

Reaction score
Hiya, my 1 year old has CMPA (and incidentally is coeliac too). We are waiting for an appointment with a paediatric dietitian but it's taking so long! He's currently on a prescribed hydrolysed formula but I don't know how long he should be on this for. This week I picked up a soya milk specially formulated for 1-3 year olds, and he just drank a whole bottle quite happily. Does anyone know if I should just have him on this soya milk now, or does he get better nutrition from the formula? TA!

Is it the alpro milk with the giraffe? If so I think that is the dairy free equivalent of arla big milk which has a few added vitamins and minerals that normal cows milk doesn't have. It will still have less than formula but is designed to replace cows milk at 1yr+. If he eats well he should be fine, their milk needs drop quite a bit at 12 months. Could you ask your health visitor while you wait for the dietician?

Yes it has a giraffe :D Thanks - he eats loads of food yet still packs away 4 bottles as well :/ He never sits still and seems like he is always hungry! I will check with the health visitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->