Moving over quicker than we thought (still have to wait a bit though)

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
So last night I just clean out asked my partner if we can have a baby now. He told me we can have one when I get a permanent job.

I'm currently covering a vacancy on a temp basis which they are advertising for soon (probably at the end of the school year, so June time). As I am already in the role and my appraisals have been really good so far, I'm sure I have a really good chance. My continual service for mat leave etc is calculated from when I actually started rather than when the job is made permanent, so I actually would qualify straight away!

I may hold off for a few months as I would rather start my mat leave at the start of a school year, plus we have some finance which is due to end in October so realistically, we are looking at ttc in about 9 months.

I was really emotional last night as it was exactly 4 years since I had my first miscarriage.

That's fantastic :D it's brilliant to have a more certain time frame for waiting.

Hope it goes well for you - i'm sure it will go fast now x

I'm sure it will! We have had periods of ntnp in the last four years (and two pregnancies!) but I have been waiting for four years yesterday for a baby. I think that properly ttc will be easier on me than ntnp because I need to get very early scans and take medication to hopefully maintain a pregnancy and make pregnancy #4 my rainbow. Going to start taking aspirin and prenatal vitamins again in the next few days!

That's great news hun! I know what you mean about the loss anniversaries, they do make you more emotional. It's hard. Xx

It definitely is harder on loss anniversaries! I have a few as well (January is the anniversary of my first loss, March is my due date of my second loss, May is my due date of my third loss, July is the anniversary of my second loss, August is the anniversary of my third loss and the due date of my first loss) so I feel I am constantly counting down to something. Now that January is by it is rolling round to my due date for pregnancy 2, which coincidentally is also my freaking birthday! Then only 6 weeks until my next due date.

At least I can focus all my energies on getting full time permanent work as then I am actually also focusing them on ttc, if that makes sense! On a health kick as of tomorrow to make myself as healthy as possible, as realistically I could potentially be about 6 months off ttc - maybe even less!

That's brilliant! are you a teacher? Good luck for when the interview comes :flower:

Yes I am a teacher. I have had quite a few interviews and they still scare me. Going to ask for a mock interview next week I think!

Best of luck on the job front, and hopefully the remainder of your wait passes quickly!

Ah no it does sound like you're always counting down to something! :( At least my losses were both at the same time of year, so I get super sad and reflective from September to October, but then i'm alright after that. Well, you know, as alright as you get when you've had a loss.

Whoo hoo
Good luck on the job!
Gosh thats exciting!
I've got baby fever so dang bad right now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->