Moving to Australia 20+ weeks

Kew13

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I am very new on this website and it has confused me alot. So i will try a new thread.
We are moving to Australia in may/june time, I am very anxious about flying well into the pregnany, and moving countries. My mum is also very concerned as it is a lot to take one. Any advise and help would be greatly recieved I also am hoping to make to friends on here. We are heading to Perth.

Thanks Girls

Katy:shrug:

Hi Katy,

I just wanted to say Hi. I dont really have any advise for you since I am in Sydney, but I have been to Perth and loved it.

Good Luck :)

Bec

Hi hun, welcome to BnB :flower: I live south of perth, just outside mandurah. if your dr assures you its safe to fly, then im sure you'll be fine. have you got a dr/midwife for when you arrive? try googling ob/gyn's in perth or the area you will be living. maybe get an appointment as there can be a few weeks wait times depending on where you are. you will need a medicare number if you are an aussie resident. again, you can check the medicare site to find out how to get your medicare card. i moved out to oz fromthe uk with my parents when i was 16, it took a while to settle and stop feeling homesick, but i love it here. if you need to know anything or just feel like a chat im on here at least once a day. good luck :hugs:

kelly375 has just moved to australia (to wa aswel) and she was 30 weeks. she could help :flow:

How do. You get on touch with people on here or is it only through threads? X

if you go into the australia forum where u posted this thread, she has a few threads. i will msg her for u also

Hey Leanne, We are moving to Warnbro area so not to far from you. My cousin is also expecting a week after myself so I am hoping she may be able to help, But i hate relying on other people.

Katy x

kelly375 has just moved to australia (to wa aswel) and she was 30 weeks. she could help :flow:

:wave: Thanks tiger

Yes, I moved here in November with my Family (including my 11month old Daughter) & my 2nd Daughter was born in February :baby:

~'Kew13'~I know we have already 'spoke' on my other thread ~ But happy to help if you wanna ask anything else :flower:

Wow, Am I am worried about moving LOL. Did you have any family around and have you found it hard?
Where in Perth did you move to? What was there meidcal care like?
Did you find it easy to get a place?
I have heard that it has become expensive, what is recommened we bring?
Lol

So many questions

Suppose I am super anxious

Katy
HELP!!!

Wow, Am I am worried about moving LOL. Did you have any family around and have you found it hard?
Lol

So many questions

Katy
HELP!!!

I dont have any Family around, in fact we knew no-one....Yes it has been hard, but I have a toddler too! :wacko:

I have moved North of Perth & finding a rental was hard, bring references & type up a covering letter, basically 'bigging up' you & your Hubby, because there can be alot of people going for rentals, you need to 'stand out' from the crowd :winkwink:

Yes, it is expensive.....Im so glad I bought a few baby items with me! :thumbup:

When are you off? :plane:

I remember you posted on my other thread :coffee:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/777100-emigrating-whilst-pregnant.html

We move in June, I am lucky I have a few cousins out there and they ahve kept all there baby stuff, which is a bonus. We also have rented there before so we have references too. So I am hoping that side of it wont be too hard.

Was it easy to fond a GP... MEDICARE etc how did you get on was it all quite quick??

Katy x

Was it easy to fond a GP... MEDICARE etc how did you get on was it all quite quick??

Katy x

Yes, GP's all over the place & you dont even have to live in a 'catchment'

All quick & easy to sort

Youll be fine....I did it with 3 children (one only 11 months) ~ Dont panic :flower:

Hey Leanne, We are moving to Warnbro area so not to far from you. My cousin is also expecting a week after myself so I am hoping she may be able to help, But i hate relying on other people.

Katy x

wow, small world! pm me if u need any advice x

Lol

So many questions

Katy
HELP!!!

not long to go now :flower: i actually live in warnbro too. its a nice area, we have our little local shopping centre with 2 supermarkets (coles and woolworths), 2 pharmacies, a few clothing shops, hairdressers and opticians - oh and a shoe shop! :winkwink: there is palm springs medical centre but i can never get an appt there, just down the road is port kennedy general practice, they usually have appts and they bulk bill adults as well as kids which is hard to find here. basically means you dont pay for your visit. most doctors charge around $70-80 but you get aroiund 35 bk when you go to medicare.
do you or your partner drive? buses are a pain in the bum here, i think its one an hour! we have the train station close by which is great for going to the city.
i think rental prices are around $350 per week for a standard 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house with dbl garage. depends if you live on the beach side or not. the closer you are to the beach the more you will pay.
dont bring tv's with you, we brought 1 and it wouldnt work, theyre not too expensive to buy. you can look at online catalogues for some of our big electrical stores like dick smith's or the good guys to give you an idea of prices. gumtree.com.au is a great site for buying second hand. your washer/dryer/fridge should all work fine though :flower:
its scary moving, and it will take time to adjust. the rockingham area has a lot of ex british citizens, most of my friends are british. generally the people are nice here, but like anywhere you have some rif-raf. good luck with everything - hope all goes well! oh and im here if u want any more info, i'll try to check in here more regularly, im usually in the girly sanctuary or general chatter :hugs:

Hi Kew13 we also live near Warnbro, in an area called Baldivis. We have only been here for 10 months ourselves and are still making friends. We travelled with a toddler, had never been to Perth (let alone Australia) before, and travelled with 6 suitcases, a pushchair and a car seat! Yes....we are crazy!
I love it here. The weather is still good, even though it's winter, and Perth itself is gorgeous!
Keep in touch when you arrive :flower:

Hi,
I moved back to Australia after living in the UK for years, and flew back at 34 weeks pregnant. How far along are you? Feel free to ask any questions about the flight if you need :flower:

Hi there, my husband and I are just starting the process with regards to moving to Australia, we are currently trying to decide on either a state or individual visa under the skilled as he is an electrician. We have been trying for a few years and we are now just about to have IVF treatment so slightly scary!! We are also trying to decide should we use a company to help with the process or do it alone? Did you get help with emigrating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->