Moving? ...When can I expect it

Cracker

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 17wks tomorrow and don't think I have felt anything yet -when can I expect it and when did you on your first baba?

IIRC, the MW told me sometime before 22 weeks. Everyone feels it at different times, as everyones bodies are different, placenta is in different places etc.

Heya, i wouldnt worry yet some people dont feel anything until about 19 weeks :)

Its a wierd feeling.. like a big bubble popping! I wasnt sure if it was the baby at first but when it kept happening once or twice then even more and even stronger....

It really feels like its going to take forever to happen but it will soon and its amazing!!

:)

Hey Cracker, Haven't seen you post in here good to have ya :hugs:

I felt flutters from 14 weeks but only when laying really still at night, like little bubbles. I had my first movement at 16 weeks but then proper movement at 18 weeks on mothers day. hasn't stopped since!!!! I have a posterior placenta which means I'm more likely to feel it earlier than someone with an anterior placenta (tummy side). But it's different for everyone hon. x

Hey!! I didnt start feeling anythin until I was about 18 weeks...but now that Im nearly 21 Ive started to feel proper little kicks!! Nothing to big yet tho! Dnt worry...ur wee one will kick in his or her own time :D:D

Hey Cracker, Haven't seen you post in here good to have ya :hugs:

I felt flutters from 14 weeks but only when laying really still at night, like little bubbles. I had my first movement at 16 weeks but then proper movement at 18 weeks on mothers day. hasn't stopped since!!!! I have a posterior placenta which means I'm more likely to feel it earlier than someone with an anterior placenta (tummy side). But it's different for everyone hon. x

Hiya Pippin :flower:

I moved over a few weeks ago, but not sure I posted - just so relieved to get out of first tri!!!

I've had loads of twinges and things this last week and think the growth spurt is starting so maybe I'll feel it soon - just can't imagine what it'll be like!! Can't wait :hugs:

It feels great, although mine beat me up so bad on Wednesday lo made my tummy hurt. I'll never complain though as it feels great very weird but you get used to it so quickly. Now I can spend hours just with my hands on my tummy feeling the kicks from inside and out :rofl:

can be anywhere upto 24weeks.

with my eldest i felt him at 16.5weeks, with lil man it was 14weeks, so i thought i would feel this 1 earlier bu no it was nearly 19weeks.

Hi this is my first baby I have an anterior placenta and i felt proper kicks at 20 weeks xxx

I first felt my boy at 19 weeks exactly, placenta is anterior. I don't feel a great deal of movement a month on, but he has his moments!

Hi Cracker, I felt twinges from about 16 weeks-ish and now i can feel little one moving about & I get the odd kick - Kinda comes up on your gradually and once you've ruled out everything else the feeling can possibly be, only then could I accept that it was indeed baby!! I have a posterior placenta like Pippin so that's why I think I have felt it sooner rather than later :):):):)

You might not feel anything for a few weeks yet hun, its even later if your placenta is at the front and cushioning any movement! best time to try is when you go to bed at night lie on your back and really concentrate whilst gently rubbing your tummy, ive felt my last 2 babies for the first time doing this, you may feel something but its perfectly normal to not for a few weeks yet xxx

I am almost 22 weeks and I still haven't felt anything :)

i felt a slight movement at 19w, again at 19w5d and then on a few other very sporadic occasions up to 22w when i started to feel more obvious definite movements. I saw movement at about 23w - that was super cool. Its only the last week or so that I have felt them every day....

I felt definite fluttery movement twice between 17-18 weeks then nothing for a fortnight before I felt my first proper kick.

Anterior placenta, first kicks that I was sure of were at around 21 weeks, but I'd felt a few things I had thought were the baby before that.

I didn't feel anything till 20 weeks, the first gentle pops. Like others I'm getting much more frequent - and harder - kicks now, but it takes a while.

I didn't really feel much until 20 weeks I think and I still don't feel them very regular.

With my first DS I felt 2 movements at 17 weeks then nothing for a couple more. Then I felt them weekly, but not daily for a while.

This one as it's my 2nd I felt at 15 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->