MS - how often??

pink80

Please......
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

If you're suffering from morning sickness - how often are you sick during the day or do you just have nausea?

Xx

It really depends for me. Somedays I will just feel queasy all day and never get sick and others I am in and out all day. :/ I have found that when I let my stomach get empty or hungry I am more likely to feel sick. It is really hard to do, but try and eat six small meals a day. Or never go more than a few hours without a snack. I personally love cold things right now. I pop my powerade(for the electolytes, as I have been getting sick almost everyday) and even milk in the freezer for a bit so it just starts to ice over. Mmmm

So far it's just been nausea - and only since the start of this week. I feel pretty queasy from midday onwards, and eating helps momentarily - but the thought of food makes it worse! Well, I did say I wanted to feel more pregnant ;)

mine just started 2 days ago. i get really nauseous in the morning, then fine during the day, then comes back at full swing at night and i have thrown up! it was funny- yesterday i was really in the mood for tacos, so me and my OH went to the grocery store and got all the ingredients, i took one look at the ground beef, ran to the bathroom and threw up :(

mine just started 2 days ago. i get really nauseous in the morning, then fine during the day, then comes back at full swing at night and i have thrown up! it was funny- yesterday i was really in the mood for tacos, so me and my OH went to the grocery store and got all the ingredients, i took one look at the ground beef, ran to the bathroom and threw up :(

Same thing has happened to me! I really wanted bratworst and OH cooked me some and the second I took a whiff I ran to the bathroom!

angeleyes- funny! i usually love bratworst, but just the sound of it now is making me sick!

funny how stuff we usually like makes us toss our cookies.

Thanks ladies, I'm trying to eat little and often but I seem to be sick after whatever I eat!

Most days I am nauseous from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, but I don't usually get sick. I have found that eating a piece of toast or a few crackers before I get out of bed tends to help. Just remember to eat and drink often... I have a pregnant friend that has been in and out of the hospital because she doesn't eat when she gets nauseous. Good luck!

Hi, Im physically sick maybe 3 or 4 times per week, but its when my stomach is empty so nothing comes up. I feel nauseus every morning and throughout the day, more so when im hungry. Its so difficult forcing myself to eat when I feel ill, but mostly it does help after.

Lots!! I ran out of antisickness tablets the other day and so far today I've been sick 8 times since I woke up and when I'm not being sick I'm feeling sick and my mouth is doing the horrible watery thing :( Thankfully my OH is picking up my meds from the doctor for me in a couple of hours :thumbup: When I'm on the max dose of antisickness tablets I'm usually only sick 1-2 times a day and feel sick for part of the day.

My Tips:

1. Sip drinks little and often through the day rather than trying to drink a reasonable amount in one go.

2. Keep dry crackers or plain biscuits next to your bed and eat a couple when you wake up before you try and get up. Also if you wake up in the night to go to the toilet munch one if you are awake enough.

3. Try the acupressure travel bands that people usually use for seasickness

4. Eat small amounts every couple of hours rather than 3 big meals. Try to never go more than 2-3 hours during the day without eating something no matter how small that something is.

5. Try ginger, it doesn't work for everyone but it is worth a try. If you don't like the taste try sniffing some ginger essential oil.

6. Try eating and drinking at different times. It might not work for everyone but I cannot drink at the same time I eat without it coming back up.

And the most important thing to concentrate on... as horrible as the sickness is, for the vast majority of people it is totally gone by around 14 weeks :thumbup:

Some good tips in here - I've only been sick a couple of times and when I have it's not proper sick, it's just liquid, even if I have eaten - sorry if that's TMI :sick:

I feel really queasy in the morning and last thing at night, but I have been eating normal meals at normal times, and making myself eat them even when feeling queasy, but I think I'll try and adopt the eating little and often approach now.

I told myself I was going to take any symptoms on the chin and not whinge about them, but it's difficult :rofl: I was sooo tired today and felt sooooo sick, it's difficult to stay focussed in work.

Thank goodness I finish in an hour for the weekend, I feel like I could sleep for the whole two days!

Have a nice, vomit-free weekend ladies :) x

I haven't been having any nausea but I get sick a few mornings a week. So far only one evening. My tummy hurts and could make me sick most mornings but luckily it hasn't done so everyday.

I was sick all the time for months and months with both my girls so I am happier with this situation. I don't remember having m/s this early with either of those pregnancies though. I am also taking a vitamin B6 pill every day. It is supposed to help with the nausea. So far, it seems to be since I am not having that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->