MTHFR anyone??

aPharmD

Reaction score
After my mmc at 11.5 weeks I was diagnosed with a compund heterozygous MTHFR mutation. Anyone that has this, how long did it take you to get bfp? What treatments were you given?

I dont know much about it as I have never been diagnosed with it but I have had a online friend that found out she had it after suffering several m/c's and she was put on a high dose of folate and she was finally able to carry to term. good luck.

Good questions! I hope someone else will weigh in on this. My mom is homozygous for MTHFR and both her sisters have it too (both had numerous miscarriages, but then again this was 35 years ago before the fertility treatments they have now and before knowing about MTHFR). I just called my Dr to see if I can get a blood test.

My only suggestion is not to think too hard about it because it can get you down. Just remember many people have this mutationa nd never know it and go on to have healthy pregnancies and never even know something could ahve been wrong. I did find some other threads from a while back where there was some good info: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/waiting-to-try/1004359-anyone-wtt-mthfr.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...69162-if-you-diagnosed-mthfr-please-read.html

Hi I have just wrote a new post on tyring to conceive long term, I also have been diagnosed with compound heterozygous MTHFR, I have just had my 6th chemcial pregnancy, this one using clexane injections.

I done some research and took this to our Dr but the treatment has unfortunately not worked for us but has for many others. I can't add the link as It says I can't add links until I have made 10 post however the page is called fertile thoughts . com. The information is found under MTHFR tutorial and is a treatment plan from Dr beer which you can also Google.

Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->