Mucous plug - have to be bloody?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Bluewings, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Bluewings

Bluewings Blessed Twice

Subject says it all.

I had a glop in the toilet bowl and a large quantity of glop on my paper but none of it was bloody or even tinged. In fact it was colored by my urine. Sorry for TMI!

Is this my plug or is this just an unusual amount of discharge?

2. nullaby

nullaby Well-Known Member

Sounds like your plug, I had this yesterday and more today. I think if its bloody it could be because cervix is changing. No blood in mine, but last time I started to lose it labor was a few days away but it also regenerates.

3. Cccbb61013

Cccbb61013 Well-Known Member

No. You can lose bits & pieces of your plug for months. No blood has to be in it. I read the other day when you do have your bloody show, labor is days away. I've been trying to find out if there is any truth to that.

Edit::: oops, I didn't mean no it wasnt your plug, just meant no, it doesn't have to have blood in it!

4. Bluewings

Bluewings Blessed Twice

Thanks girls!

I've been losing it for a while, as I understand it. I figured it kept regenerating but this was a much larger glob (well two globs!) than usual. I probably missed it with my last pregnancy because I always thought it had to be bloody! Oops!

5. Clo

Clo mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys

Mine wasnt bloody in my last pregnancy. I lost it in bits and pieces over 2 weeks I think and when I went into labour I hadnt had a bloody show. Xxx

6. steph.

steph. Two little girls!

Last pregnancy (and this one too) i've been losing blobs here and there, but at 37+2 after a long walk I lost a much bigger blob. It didnt have blood in it, and the midwife told me it didnt mean anything, but I went into labour the following day.

7. Louise88

Louise88 Dd- ciara and ds- James

I lost my plug in 3 parts with my dd 10 days before I have birth lost a big bit no blood or tinged, 3 days after that I lost a smaller bit again no blood or tinged and the bloody show bit came out with my waters. I'd say it sounds like your plug you might have the bloody show with your waters like I did :)

8. Kirstiedenman

Kirstiedenman Well-Known Member

I lost mine for a week or so leading up to my labor and then the day before I went into labor I kept losing huge chunks and the night before labor I had my bloody show. Good luck fx it's not to much longer for you

9. ClairAye

ClairAye Mum to one of each!

I lost mine from 35-40 weeks and not once was it bloody.

10. iluvmyfamily

iluvmyfamily mom to 5 babies 1 angel

It IS your plug but I'm not sure if it means anything. Usually if it's bloody it means your cervix is changing. It happened to me at 38 weeks and from then on for a whole week I had contractions and I knew it was opening me up. When I hit 39 weeks I went into labor and was 7cm by the time I got to L&D. Prior to bleeding at 38 weeks, I had what you described so it's definitely mucus plug but without blood in it, it can regenerate.

11. Bluewings

Bluewings Blessed Twice

Sounds like my body is just practicing lots then! Lol. I've been losin my plug for about a month (and I'm only 36w!) but I also have contractions every day (not close at all).

Thanks girls!