mucous plug lost 8 weeks pp?

Jenny_J

Reaction score
I am almost 8 weeks postpartum, this evening I went to the loo and passed a huge ball of greenish/brown jelly :-/ it looks like the mucous plug from google images.

I didn't know this could happen, is it normal? Please help

Had you finished bleeding after baby? It could just be a type of spotting I guess, but if you're at all concerned speak to your GP or nurse.

I was passing huge clot like things after lo but that was say in the first week. I'd contact your doctor to make sure

The lochia does include mucus and its possible a bunch of it got stuck somewhere and came out all at once, but it is also possible it could be an infection so best to get it checked out (though sometimes when a small amount of old blood is mixed with mucus it can happen to look green) xx

I passed something like liver on my second after about one week. I was sure something that shouldn't have fell out had fallen out. I was in the hospital as my child was in NICU and they checked for infection. It wasn't. I would go get checked.

I passed a humongous clot at 6 wks and again at 8. I literally was standing in line somewhere and felt it fall out. :/ based on the info I gave to the nurse on the phone, I wasn't checked but all was fine.

It's defo not a clot. Im convinced its the mucous plug, it looks exactly like a few pics on google and the description fits it perfectly too. I have my 8 week check Tuesday so will mention it to the doctor. Im not overly concerned as no blood followed it, it didn't smell or hurt, it just really took me by surprise.

How did you deliver lo? If it was vaginally I'd be amazed if that was plug if not, I suppose it's technically possible. Please get checked out tho, infections can have serious consequences and your lo needs a healthy mum.

I had a planned c section. I have had 2 previously and didn't experience this huge plug thing then.

Il mention it to the doc on Tuesday. I think maybe my body just made another plug, as I really dont think blood could of gotten through there. It was like silicon

I had this too, it was disgusting! I think its normal xx

Did it happen just before your period? Cramps started today :-(
Yeah it was very gross :-S

It was all jelly, just like silicon as you said! TMI, but i actually found myself sitting in front of our bedroom mirror with some toilet roll trying to get rid of it, it was gruesome! And yes that was the very last of my 'blood' even though it was all brown jelly, i got my period a week or two later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->