Mucous plug or bloody show?

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Hey lovelies! (TMI alert right off the bat haha)

So this morning when I went to the bathroom, there was a decent streak of mucous with blood in it; not a HUGE amount of mucous to make me think the whole plug, but obviously something.

I'm not really sure the difference between bits of mucous plug and the bloody show? This is the first bloody mucous I've had as yet, doc said yesterday I am a 'little bit' dilated, so probably just a fingertip. Nurses feeling my stomach at L&D yesterday sounded surprised about how low baby was - feeling my abdomen they could only find the bottom of this neck. (Just had high blood pressure at docs so he sent me for monitoring but everything was fine).

Haha I shouted 'finally' when I noticed the blood, then threw paper in the toilet-hubby comes running in asking what and I told him, and then he proceeded to look in toilet trying to see-he was actually upset that he didn't get to see bloody mucous!!!! Was soo cute how upset he seemed; but then he proceeded to run around the house shouting 'baby is coming today!!!!' Until I explained it doesn't mean that. He is so confused lol (almost as much as I am!)

Anyways ladies, any idea which this would be, or the difference between the two?

With my first 2 I didn't even notice a show with my 3rd it was like having a snotty fanny sorry only way I can describe it lol there was loads every time I went I was covered in the stuff and with number 4 it was the same but a couple of bits had a pink tinge to them but I still carried him for a week after that it just means your getting ready so shouldn't be to much longer for you xx

I'd say it was your bloody show, mucus plug you can loose whenever and it can regenerate but I think when it's got a streak of blood or brown/pink in it can mean something's happening...in my experience I had a bloody show exactly how you described with my DS and labour started 2 days later..x

So I'm assuming your doctor checked you yesterday? I too was checked yesterday & was told to expect some slight bleeding due to irritation of the cervix from the check. I didn't have any though. Without seeing it (lol), I'd say some of your plug combined with irritation??

Yes he did check me yesterday morning, but it was quite quick and there was no blood during or after it at all, and much less uncomfortable (last time hurt and I bled right away, and the blood then got gradually brown since it became old blood). Since the only blood I had was this morning in the mucous and was red and pink, I don't think it was related to the checking, I hope not anyways!

Thats so cute about your OH. Made me giggle a little.

When I had my bloody show I went into labour a couple of hours later and had my little boy later that night, good luck fingers crossed this it for you!

Thanks! Based on the info I've been reading, I'm thinking it was just part of my plug, since there hasn't been any other bleeding or extra discharge.

When its got blood in that means your cervix is dilating hunny. Good luck x

Thanks! Based on the info I've been reading, I'm thinking it was just part of my plug, since there hasn't been any other bleeding or extra discharge.

Fingers crossed its not too long now though

When I had my bloody show I didn't have any other bleeding or anything after it and then my waters broke 24hrs later you don't necessarily have to have any bleeding or even more mucus plug for that matter after your show. Good luck I hope baby comes soon :) and mine wasn't huge either I had been loosing so much of my plug over that week that when it came to my bloody show it wasn't that big and also very cute about dh haha made me laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->