Mucus plug and bloody show this morning- how close am I?

river_mommy

Reaction score
Hi

This morning I woke up fine, no signs, no nothing, I had a short shower, and when I wiped myself...here's the plug (eww)-with no blood in it. I said, ok, that doesn't mean anything, could be anytime...I sat then on the toilet (sorry if tmi) and pee and when I wiped again, there's some red blood...and I still spot now a little pink...
So, got my mucus, then 5 mins after got my bloody show, now what?

Should i expect anything soon? I am due on Sunday...:happydance:

(condiser that I had my membranes stripped yesterday morning, had just a tiny brown spotting which stopped yesterday, then at night I said maybe I should help my faith a little and had :sex:- no bleeding/spotting all night long)

with my first i had a show followed by contraction one hr later... baby born withing 12. (2days early)
with second i had a show, 12 hrs later first contraction, 12 hrs later baby. (9 days late)

with this baby i had my show 2 weeks ago!! at 35 weeks, and another little bit other day and still no pains and no baby|!! ha, so i not sure if there is rely an answer to ur question!! im getting annoyed now tat im doing nothing as once o getthe show i was expecting a baby!!

I had blood then contractions started almost right away... with the plug I didnt have that but im sure they say if you get that then could be upto a week but since uve had the blood as well id say today or tomorrow!!

Good luck!

I've heard it's usually within about 3 days after having a show... obviously, everyone differs though.

Good luck - it does sound like you'll be meeting your LO very soon!

:flower:

i had my show on the saturday, waters went the following wednesday and LO born the day after that.

it just depends which is sad but true with my first i had my show and she came 10 days later my second I had my show and had her 5 hours later and my third was prem so didnt remember having a show.
All i can say is try to be as active as you can at fullterm and drink some rasberry tea who knows very soon you could be posting that faith has arrived, what a beautiful name xx

With my first I had my show and contractions about an hour later.

But it does vary. My sister was show on Wednesday, labour the Saturday.

i had what you described with my last LO and went into labour within a few hours... have sex and a good orgasam did the trick for me lol GL hunny

With my daughter it all happened in the morning when I woke up..and she was born eight hours later.

Update: I had a bit of pink mucus plug again earlier today and I feel lower abdominal discomfort (not pain, and it is constant). But nothing major yet. Waiting....:coffee:
oh, and from time to time I have non-painful tightenings of my belly (upper side)- which I feel only if I bounce a little on my fit ball or if I do smth (not if I lie down)- never had these before

I was thinking to go for a walk later today and have a bath and maybe sex again tonight (if still no pain, of course).
Is it dangerous to have a bath (I don't mean shower) after you loose the plug? (My waters are intact so far)

think as its a bloody show it is more likely to mean labour is iminent if jsut normal show then seems to mean anything..x

Update: I had a bit of pink mucus plug again earlier today and I feel lower abdominal discomfort (not pain, and it is constant). But nothing major yet. Waiting....:coffee:
oh, and from time to time I have non-painful tightenings of my belly (upper side)- which I feel only if I bounce a little on my fit ball or if I do smth (not if I lie down)- never had these before

I was thinking to go for a walk later today and have a bath and maybe sex again tonight (if still no pain, of course).
Is it dangerous to have a bath (I don't mean shower) after you loose the plug? (My waters are intact so far)

Nope, not as far as I know. It's only when your waters break that there's a risk of infection.

Thanks for your replies!

No change so far for me, just same odd tightenings from time to time. I am due on Sunday, so there is still time...But I can't wait to see her :wohoo:
Keep you posted...

good luck, looks like we're in the same boat! also due sunday, lost plug and back ache tonight :thumbup:
excited, nervous, scared, aaargh :wacko:

good luck, looks like we're in the same boat! also due sunday, lost plug and back ache tonight :thumbup:
excited, nervous, scared, aaargh :wacko:

Good luck to you too, hopefully it will start soon for us and we'll have a peaceful and easy birth!!

I started having a show back on Wednesday - massive increase in discharge, pink & brown tinged and very watery and a few pains in my back now and then at night, but nothing's happened yet! :cry: I just want to get this baby out now!

I was hoping last night things will get going, but I woke up this morning with NOTHING!
No discharge, no spotting, no tightenings, feeling great (which I shouldn't complain), but all the signs I had yesterday just dissapeared...:cry:
I had sex again last night full of hope thinking that will give a kick, but nothing...:blush:
I just have to let it go and hope she knows what she's doing....I have to trust my baby, she was a wiser person than me all my pregnancy :haha: :hugs:

Ohhhh hunny.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
How frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->