MUCUS PLUG (TMI sorry)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by proudmummy11, Jan 30, 2011.

1. proudmummy11

proudmummy11 Mummy to my gorgeous Boy

ok so ive just got home after being in hospital for two days with contractions and then.....i went to the toilet and noticed a 10pence piece size of white think discharge (sorry) then when i wiped the tissue has a layer of what looked like thick stringy snot on it and again on the second wipe, since the i have had more occasional blobs of the 'snot' stuff, does this sound like ive lost my plug, i spoke to the midwife on the phone and she thinks so but i thought id ask you ladies as well, did you experience this when you lost yours ?

sorry it was a bit gross :blush:

2. Terangela

Terangela Well-Known Member

I only lost mine with my first and it can come out like you are experiencing. Mine came out in a few much bigger blobs that were tinged with pink and I could feel them coming out. It was rather gross, but was exciting at the same time.

3. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

My mucus plug was the size of my hand and VERY bloody. It was like bloody brown and yellow snot.

4. pichi

pichi TTC on hold

mine was really thick discharge. i think i lost mine gradually and it wasn't till a while later i got my show. minutes after that my waters went

5. proudmummy11

proudmummy11 Mummy to my gorgeous Boy

well looks like it was my plug, im a bit nervous at only 34 weeks, though i have had steroid injections for olivers lungs as they think he coming early so its kinda just a waiting game now eekkkk!