Mucus Plug?

rosie36

Reaction score
I've just been the loo and before I even wee'd I heard a plop in the loo, something defo fell out, wiped straight away and there was a load of clear mucus discharge, and I mean a lot. Has this happened to anyone else, I'm 20 weeks today.

Sorry to hear abut this

If there's a lot of thin, clear discharge, it can be hard for you to tell if it's just mucus or if you're leaking amniotic fluid.

Your suposed to Call your midwife right away if you're not yet at 37 weeks and you notice an increase in discharge or a change in the type of discharge (if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody – even if it's just tinged with pink or brownish old blood). This can be a sign of preterm labor.

x

I'm sure everything is fine and it's just an increase in hormones, but I would call your midwife/GP and tell them this just to be on the safe side, but don't wory yourself or get upset it's more than likely that everything's fine, but best to get checked out. x

my doctor told me that not all women lose their mucous plug in the end because some women have a lot of discharge throughout the whole pregnancy that gradually leaks out (I was asking her if discharge was normal), so it could be that but no harm in calling your MW and mentioning it to her just for some peice of mind.

I wouldn't panic hun, I've had loads of weird discharge since being pregnant - big globs of it and all!!

Give your midwife a call to set your mind at rest though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->