multi vitamin?

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
Does anyone give their toddler a vitamin supplement? If so, why and which one?

I give her Haliborange liquid in her cereal every morning. I only give it because she's not a great eater and even though she's offered a good variety of food, she doesn't eat alot of it and I can't remember the last time she ate a vegetable :wacko: This makes me feel a bit more comfortable that she's getting what she needs.

The only veg Jacob will eat really is baby corn, very rarely he'll eat others. He was ill last week and has been looking a bit pale so I wondered if it was worth trying a multi-vit. Thank you:)

I TRY to get Megan to take a vitamin (1/2 of a childrens flinstones complete as its what her dr wants her to take (it has iron in it - some dont). Her dr wants her to have it as at 15mo appt she wasnt having 2 cups of fruits/veggies a day every day. I am supposed to crush it and have her eat it w/ food - like put it in applesauce or something. But megan doesnt like it - and she knows its a different texture. The only thing ive had ok luck w/ it putting it w/ jam. But after a bit she realizes what she is licking off my finger :rofl:

If anyone has any ideas on how to get her to take it - I'm willing to try anything!!! (I've also tried just getting her to chew it now she has some molars - but she wont.

I give Ben abidec Multi vitamins.
I do try very hard to get fruit & veg in to his diet but he doesn't eat all that much of anything really. And ever since hes started nursery he's had a constant cold so it just puts my mind at rest a bit.

I add it to 1 oz of milk give it to him when he asks for milk then I give him a full feed.

I give Omar a vit when he goes off food. I give it to him for 1 month. We use kiddicare+

I add it to 1 oz of milk give it to him when he asks for milk then I give him a full feed.

I give Omar a vit when he goes off food. I give it to him for 1 month. We use kiddicare+

Does it dissolve in the milk? I've tried putting it in juice but its just like bits of sandlike texture in the bottom of the juice. :rofl: So then Megan just spits it out & stops drinking.

Does it dissolve in the milk? I've tried putting it in juice but its just like bits of sandlike texture in the bottom of the juice. :rofl: So then Megan just spits it out & stops drinking.

Never had problems :) give it a good stir & it should be fine. I add it to a very little amount of milk as he doesnt always finish his milk, then I offer him a proper milk feed xx

I give Dalivit vitamin drops. I put them in his morning bottle. He has never noticed them in there and takes them easily. They don't really taste of anything so they are easy to put in food/drink.
I give it mainly because it's a back up and also because it's recommended to give vitamin drops for A and D as it's hard to get enough of these from food alone, especially vitamin D if you don't live in a sunny place.

I just bought a multi vitamin syrup today in Boots and he was happy to try it, he took one taste, then looked disgusted, shook his head, said "No, no, no"! and refused to take anymore :( I tasted it, it is pretty revolting, a really strong orangey flavour so I don't think putting it in his milk or food is an option as it really is very very strong. Maybe the drops would be better then.

What about syringing it into his mouth? That';s the only way I can get any medicine or vits into Ruby. (I think we have the same vitamin syrup. No way on earth could I hide that in food.)

He's usually fine with calpol, but then again, it tastes nice. That syrup is vile, I don't know why they make it so strong - yuk!

Tegan has abidec. It tastes absolutely rank but tbh she's so used to taking medicine that tastes horrible she'll take anything now :lol:

I got the Wellkid syrup by Vitabiotic. Again it's orangey and pretty ugh, but Roo has started asking for it, so I guess it grew on her! I chose that one as it had the broadest range of vitamins and minerals that I could find out of the ones my Boots had.

I got the Wellkid syrup by Vitabiotic. Again it's orangey and pretty ugh, but Roo has started asking for it, so I guess it grew on her! I chose that one as it had the broadest range of vitamins and minerals that I could find out of the ones my Boots had.

That's the same one I got too. It is pretty yuk isn't it!

K has abidec, mainly because hes sometimes not a great eater and has a lot of colds etc since starting nursery. Plus me and OH take a load of supplements ourselves so we figured we'd see if it helped K as well :)
we just syringe it in, he actually likes it (most days) and tries to do it himself lol. Sometimes he fights it off but we just keep trying later on and he'll usually change his mind. We give it to him with his breakfast so he can eat / drink then to take the taste away. But he seems to quite like it - wierdo :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->